My Girlfriend left me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Hi..
yesterday my girlfriend started discussing with me..she said she felt caged, even if she knew that she wasn't...and she remembered her old life before she met me and these and that and she likes those memories and whatsoever..
I said her if she doens't want to have a relationship, then she shouldn't have one....thats the last i heard of her...

Now...should i go for the Nitecore SR3 or the Jetbeam RRT-1? I want a light with a ring to control brightness... ;) And i love 18650-format lights...i know, the SR3 is not ;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wow, that's tough . . . A tough decision. Buy both.

Or at least get the RRT-1 first.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
It's always the same here on cpf, it's always buy both :D but i already have a bunch of more and less expensive lights here, including ra, novatac, fm tanklight, several mags (which are all in progress...)...nitecore ex 10, downloads 18650 sst-50 light from the 5.th run...and so on ;) and a bunch of solarforce/ultrafire/spiderfire l2, an aurora sh 44 and a solarforce mp1...
so, i only want one ;) although i can't yet see a use of it, so it's not that i need it...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi..
yesterday my girlfriend started discussing with me..she said she felt caged, even if she knew that she wasn't...and she remembered her old life before she met me and these and that and she likes those memories and whatsoever..
I said her if she doens't want to have a relationship, then she shouldn't have one....thats the last i heard of her...

Now...should i go for the Nitecore SR3 or the Jetbeam RRT-1? I want a light with a ring to control brightness... ;) And i love 18650-format lights...i know, the SR3 is not ;)

:thumbsup:lovecpf:twothumbs

In high school, I dumped a girl so that I could spend money on my car stereo... and I told her so... didn't go well but I did have more money:cool:.

Celebrate with an M3LT.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time for some retail therapy huh?

I'd go for the Jetbeam RRT-2 over the RRT-1.
The RRT-1 maybe more impressive with the throw but I reckon the RRT-2 has a more useful beam pattern and the head is much smaller too. It fits in the pocket more easily.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Your a slut. She just left and looking for something new. :grin2:

Yeah, i smelled it two weeks ago, so...i'm not running after anyone...
and in fact i was already interested in the rrt-1/2 before she left ;)
however, i'm still thinking about rrt1 or 2, but the aurora sh44 and the solarforce masterpiece 1 always impress me with their great throw.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't go wrong with the RRT-1. Throws like crazy and the ring is nice.

If she was a great girlfriend ,and you're going to miss her, then I'd agree with Goatee and get the M3LT!:D

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't let the door hit her on her way out. Oh, and I'd say get both lights. After what you've been through you should pamper yourself! :thumbsup:

fyrstormer

Banned
The pain is just a reminder that you've got nice memories waiting for you when you feel like remembering them. She, on the other hand, will eventually find out she can't go back to the past, at which point she may regret her decision. Only time will tell.

Qoose

Enlightened
Others might chime in, but the last SR3 I had was kinda funky with the ring. Sometimes it would freak out twisting between the magnet bits, and strobe mode was not predictable at all. There was also a preflash. I don't know if recent ones are any better. Sold that one...

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My girlfriend left me....

If she does not think life is worth living without you, don't worry about it. Wait for someone who does. Enjoy the solitude.

The SR3 does have it's issues with the control ring. I can't believe they were ever $120, I got mine when 47's had them for $60 and even that seems a little high when I compare it to my Quark 2AA Tactical which is virtually as bright and throws nearly as far except with a bigger hotspot.

Another negative with the SR3 is it has too many modes. Who needs 8 modes between 5 and 220 lumens. I only use three, 20, 60 and 220. Also for the original price, they should have come with an 18650 tube standard. Runtime on high is too short with a 16340, 35 mins.

I do love it though. It's the one I take with me when I walk to the corner store 1/2km away.

If I had to choose right now though, I'd pick the Jetbeam for the 18650 option.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your a slut. She just left and looking for something new. :grin2:

Yeah something with a "control ring". Sounds kind of freaky :whistle:

Sorry, I haven't any input on the lights, I just like to try and lighten these kinds of situations with my attempt at humor.

tolkaze

Enlightened
I got mine when 47's had them for $60

afaik, 4sevens still have it for $60... absolute bargain imo. great light, but seriously, you either have it on lowest or highest 90% of the time. I only used the other levels when I needed a bit more light when it was really dark, or for close up work when it was painfully bright.

I haven't used the RRT-1, so I can't compare, but I liked the SR3 when I had it, and if you can still get it for $60 and you like the look of it, then its a winner.

Edit: Just did some checking, 4sevens is now showing them as out of stock :( they were still in stock a week or so ago I swear :)

Last edited:

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
In high school, I dumped a girl so that I could spend money on my car stereo... and I told her so... didn't go well but I did have more money:cool:.
I once dumped a girl during dinner so I could go to the pub with my mates rather than have to spend the night with her. Beer was more important than anything in those days. Should have kept the girl, I'd have had more money......

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad she didnt left you because of flashlights... that would be sad

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I once dumped a girl during dinner so I could go to the pub with my mates rather than have to spend the night with her. Beer was more important than anything in those days. Should have kept the girl, I'd have had more money......

You fool! What were you thinking?!

(Just Kidding.) :lolsign:

Noctis

Enlightened
During my depressed moods, I would want a nice chunk of titanium tritium hanging off of a titanium chain with a beer in my hand as I light up my back yard with my SST-90 Direct Drive.

That said, I'm still waiting for them:whistle:.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad she didnt left you because of flashlights... that would be sad

Richard-you have apparently missed my sigline the last 2 years.
icon10.gif

Hi..

Now...should i go for the Nitecore SR3 or the Jetbeam RRT-1?

I once dumped a girl during dinner so I could go to the pub with my mates rather than have to spend the night with her. Beer was more important than anything in those days.

I hope Greta doesn't see this thread.I can't imagine what women think of us?

Fichtenelch-forget your girl and go with the Jetbeam RRT-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.