Nitecore D11

SeanAU

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've been trying to decide between a 1AA Nitecore, Jetbeam, Quark or Zebralight.

In my research I emailed Nitecore about whether they had plans to release the D10 with an XP-G

The response was they plan to release the D11 with XP-G within the next couple of months.

Perhaps this was common knowledge already, but I hadn't seen it yet. Sorry no further details or specs given, but it's something to start saving for :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Hi all,

I've been trying to decide between a 1AA Nitecore, Jetbeam, Quark or Zebralight.

In my research I emailed Nitecore about whether they had plans to release the D10 with an XP-G

The response was they plan to release the D11 with XP-G within the next couple of months.

Perhaps this was common knowledge already, but I hadn't seen it yet. Sorry no further details or specs given, but it's something to start saving for :)
Sean, you can find at least one good choice from any of the companies you're looking at and a D10, EZAA, Quark AA, MiNi AA will definitely fill the bill. H501w is a great light in non-traditional format.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the D11 will be!

gunga

Flashaholic
D10 with XP-G? Already got one, guess that means it's a D11?

:devil:

Just kidding, it's a mod of course. I wonder if the D11 incorporates any other improvements?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
D10 with XP-G? Already got one, guess that means it's a D11?

:devil:

Just kidding, it's a mod of course. I wonder if the D11 incorporates any other improvements?
Improvements like saving the user selected brightness and a lower low would have me waiting in line!

How are you liking your D11? :tinfoil:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats news to me, thanks for the heads up!

cant go wrong with single AA lights, if you cant decide, get more :naughty:. they always make great gifts:twothumbs

H501w is a great light, one of my favorites. but if you can wait, zebralight will be releasing H51. and H51F(flood)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope the D11 is more reliable than my defunct :candle: D10

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I wonder if they'll drop the whole piston deal? I have an original D10 but the latest models seem to have a lot of issues for users.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
No clip option eh?

A little surprising. They could definitely drill two holes near the tail like Zebralight SC's since there are flat edges now. Perhaps a little more solid than the whole back-plate and tail thing going on in the D10.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first sight, this maybe a better light than our beloved D10 in terms of mechanical and electronic quality (hoping and/or guessing here...), but for some reason the magic has gone in my eyes...

The design is more functionnal, but it doesn't allow the modding we are used to anymore. I'll surely get one as soon as they are available, I don't think it'll get the same love as the D10 though!

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
D11 safety lock-out is nice. I HATE that my d10 turns on by itself. I took it out of EDC when i notice my pocket felt like burning when I was at Costco (light turned itself on). B/c i really like the silence of the PD I use it extensively around the house. the bugger kept turning on on me and now I unscrew it when-ever I leave it (or put it in the drawer).

Nitecore doesn't answer if it'll do their '285lumens' with 14500 the other Nitecore xpg light lists as.

But with the two flashy modes, nitecore got rid of the short-cuts (tap hold high, tap tap low) which are the main reason the D10 is so uber useful around the house. Or atleast give me a non-full-power slow flash so I could cycle with it. I don't generally wait for ramping in my edc.

I'll wait for the D11 Tribute, hopefully bezel 'slightly' loose allows short-cuts, while bezel fully tight does their requisite flashy levels.

Last edited:

entoptics

Enlightened
Sigh...

IMO, NiteCore has seriously missed the boat on this one. My favorite thing about the D10, aside from it's class leading small size (1xAA "clicky"), is the Double Click for low-low and Double Click-hold for maximum.

Instant, one handed access to high from a low or memory startup. Now, they've taken that awesome feature and turned it into disco modes.
:fail:

The only "improvement" I could see making to the D10 beside the XP-G, would be to ditch the snail's pace ramping UI for a discreet medium and medium-high setting, which could be accessed using the same press-hold of the infinite brightness UI.

The loss of the pocket clip is another huge :fail:

I suppose the anti roll flats are good, but the gappy tail cap will hinder tailstanding.