Newbie with weaponlight question

firemaneric

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this has been posted before, Ive searched for it and not found an answer. If I have a Sig 226 with the classic series P1XX nitron weaponlight rail mount adapter attached, can I attach any P series weaponlight to said rail (i.e. P111 vs P114)? Ive seen several threads with pictures of different weaponlights P,M,W series attached to the same gun. Was wondering if it was just one rail adapter used for all the different lights?

Size15's

Flashaholic
:welcome:
I am certain it is.
To clarify - the trigger guard adapter rail mounts are specific to specific handguns.
The WeaponLights will fit on any of the adapter mounts.
But, if the WeaponLight has a SlimLine or other 'remote' switch then it will be specific to the handgun and may not fit or fit properly on another handgun, although it'll secure the adapter mounts just fine.
Versions with only the constant-on shuttle switch will not have a "C" or "D" on the end of the model number (W115C, P112D etc), they'll simply be the Series P or M number followed by three numbers 10x where x indicates which handgun type the trigger guard adapter rail mount is for.
There was also a P001 and an M001 which did not feature a trigger guard adapter mount or remote switch.
I'm not aware that the W-Series had W001 or W10x variants.

SureFire has several handgun WeaponLight families or Series:

Classic
Nitrolon (P-Series)
Millennium (M-Series)
Military (W-Series)
X-Series

If you start with a P114C or P114D then you can replace the P-Series light with the light from an M114x or W114x (x = C or D), or a remoteless M10x or P10x.

I hope this helps

Last edited:

firemaneric

Newly Enlightened
Can I mount an x-series light on the p-series adapter? It seems the p-series lights are hard to find.