Jetbeam IIIm problem

LightGiver

Newly Enlightened
First of all, the light was working fine for a couple of weeks, then it began functioning erratically. When I turn it on with the head tightened, it doesn't always come on in full brightness, it will be dim, or begin flashing bright. If I loosen it for the 2nd output, its either very dim, shuts off, or will flash dim then go bright and shut off. When I'm able to access the programing feature for the different modes modes on 2nd output, it won't retain it after the light is turned off. It will either resume erratic operation or continue cycling through modes. Anyone else experience a similar problem with theirs? Am I stuck in some kind of secret test mode I can't get out of or something?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have cleaned the threads, terminals and checked the tightness of tailcap internals then you should remove the tailcap and run a wire across the negative terminal of the battery to the torch body and check function. If all is ok then a replacement tailcap is required. If still no joy then the problem lies within the LE - contact your Jetbeam dealer.!(well worth the effort as they are a great light when operating properly).

Good luck,

James....

Last edited:

BarryG

Enlightened
You should give your Jetbeam a chance. I've got one also and love it. Mine came from Bugoutgearusa and the switch failed, they sent me a new one under warranty (thanks Flavio).:twothumbs

It really is a great light,

Barry

HIDblue

Enlightened
I had a similar problem with my Jet III-M when it was brand new, right out of the box. The light wouldn't go into full brightness mode with the head fully tightened.

The III-M turned out to be defective, so I returned it to the original vendor and exchanged it for a Jet Raptor RRT-2 and couldn't be happier.

LightGiver

Newly Enlightened
Tried all of that Jimmy, no fix. :(

I got mine from bugoutgear also, but of course I get this problem a few days short of the 14 day return policy on their jetbeam products. What else is new? :crackup:

DM51

Flashaholic
The JB IIIM was well reviewed here, and large numbers of them are in use by CPF members. You may have a defective one; if so, please take it up with the dealer.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out the brass ring on the underside of the bezel. (the ring thats around the positive contact point on the bezel).

i over tightened my bezel, and it popped out of position, which cause my high to be dim. i just pounded it back in and it was ok.