Take your lights to work! Pics of working lights.

CLBME

Enlightened
There are so many pictures of beautiful lights here on CPF that are mint or nearly so. I'm a blue collar guy so I wanted to start a thread of "working" lights and what they are used for with pictures. So if you would like- post a picture of your light at work and where it is.

Here's my Ra Twisty 85Tr. I was working on pulling the rear-rear differential in my wheeler and using it to look into the axle housing & differential. I saw several broken teeth, failed bearings and a broken pinion gear. Ouch. :drool:

PS-recognition to Thor's Hammer Custom Leather for the holster. Hogokansatsukan a fine CPF'er: http://www.thorshammercustomleather.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=6075490

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

guardpost3

Enlightened
I usualy bring my lights to work (night shift security) but I only have one real "beater" light and that is my Eagletac P100c2. It goes with me when I know im gunna get dirty or be in a situation that may damage the light. Mostly use it for when im working on my jeep. Funny story on how it became the "beater" light, I had only had it for a few days and was responding to the firehouse in my jeep code 2 and realized at about 50mph that my brand new light was on the front bumper. Needless to say it was not there when I got to the firehouse, luckily I was able to find it in the road not far from my house. I dont think I was going really fast at that point so I think thats why it survived.

e6e8dc2d.jpg

d70058c5.jpg

CLBME

Enlightened
Hey Guardpost3! Another Mainer.....I'm not sure I've seen anyone else from Maine. I just spent the 4th in Lubec. Awesome. Great picture and thanks for the post.:thumbsup:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am from Maine, I think you guys need some SST-90 working lights :laughing:

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of my current lights are shelf queens, they all get dragged to work for warehouse duties - my current EDC is my vintage 6P with M61.

The mighty 6P!!!:D
workinglights006.jpg

Lighting up my poorly lit warehouse area: (why get the 240V lights upgraded when your a Flashoholic!!) :naughty:
workinglights005.jpg

James......:thumbsup:

CLBME

Enlightened
Great vintage light James. I have a MD2 with the M61. I really like mine, although I must admit using it only at the house so it's not bashed around at all. Are you liking the M61?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great vintage light James. I have a MD2 with the M61. I really like mine, although I must admit using it only at the house so it's not bashed around at all. Are you liking the M61?
That would be a huge YES!!:thumbsup:
With the huge spill and ultra compact size offered by the MD2 & vintage 6P roundy hosts, there is no going back for me to any other host for M61s as Don & Gene intended the M61 to have a huge spill beam!

James......:twothumbs

ToNIX

Enlightened

Yes yes yes! I love mine! Love the size, the look, the beam, the throw, the flood. I want moaaaaaaaarrrrrrr Md2/M61 :D

CLBME

Enlightened
Excellent! And ToNIX too. I need to get the high/low though!

That would be a huge YES!!:thumbsup:
With the huge spill and ultra compact size offered by the MD2 & vintage 6P roundy hosts, there is no going back for me to any other host for M61s as Don & Gene intended the M61 to have a huge spill beam!

James......:twothumbs

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is my edc at work, some no name light 1w about 30lm. good enough, and clips nicely to my wave.
nebo.jpg

if i need serious power i go to my office, and get this guy, i made him about 7-8 years ago still works. thou cells already dying, runtime about hlaf less.
i use 20-75w mr16, and few mr11 10-20w

milwke.jpg

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can show you one of my lights, literally at work.

This was 2100hrs last night, inspecting a satellite dish that had failed due to snowfall.

The light in my hand is a Jetbeam M1-X. The foreground is lit by my Elektrolumens MCE-III Maglite.

Please excuse the poor quality of the iPhone 3GS camera :sick2:

4795028716_1f131d8586.jpg

Last edited:

sappyg

Enlightened
my main work light for over a year now has been a Ra clicky EDC T 120. it's been a real champ. since i use lights a lot during the day the throw and tint are perfect for my uses: checking workmanship on new construction from attics to crawlspaces and everything in between.

knives014.jpg

i think it has held up very well. the finish on the bezel is worn a little but that does not effect anything.

knives015.jpg

i carry it in a concealco holster that was origionally made for an E2E

knives016.jpg

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra (HDS) Clicky 200cn and Malkoff EMS MD2 (M61 drop-in) resting on one of our 13.8kv Vacuum Circuit
Breakers.

fwlvyv.jpg

Last edited:

cruisemissile

Enlightened
I am from Maine, I think you guys need some SST-90 working lights :laughing:

hey Maine-iacs, I lived in ME for 10 years, and with the darkness of winter, good lights are essential. I'm in FLA now, and still need lights in my hurricane kit in case of power outage.

keep it real, ayuh.