I would love to see Selfbuilt review a .....

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
In my opinion, Selfbuilt's reviews ae the gold standard by which all others should be judged. What I don't know is how he picks the lights he reviews. So, on the off chance that he is open to suggestions from fellow flashaholics, I offer this thread.

As for me, I would love to see Selfbuilt review (1) Malkoff MD3 or MD4 Wildcat, and/or (2) the Jetbeam RRT-3.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
What about beyond flashlights?
Like a childs car seat, bubble wrap, car keys, New Balance shoes,
Peanut butter.....
Stuff like that.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy him the lights and Im sure he will be glad to review them.

In my opinion, Selfbuilt's reviews ae the gold standard by which all others should be judged. What I don't know is how he picks the lights he reviews. So, on the off chance that he is open to suggestions from fellow flashaholics, I offer this thread.

As for me, I would love to see Selfbuilt review (1) Malkoff MD3 or MD4 Wildcat, and/or (2) the Jetbeam RRT-3.

Yavox

Enlightened
I would like to see a review of McGizmo's flashlights made in alu or stainless steel - that would mean that such lights exist and I could afford buying one or two :devil:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Actually, the truth is rather prosaic - manufacturers and dealers contact me with requests for lights to review, and I agree to the ones I'm interested in. :whistle:

Of course, there are always lots of interesting lights out there that I'd love to take a look at, but I typically can't even stay on the top of the unsolicited offers I receive ....

What about beyond flashlights?
Like a childs car seat, bubble wrap, car keys, New Balance shoes,
Peanut butter.....
Stuff like that.
:crackup:

Well, I'd happily expand my range to include those new 50-inch LED flat-screen TVs, if Samsung wanted to give me a call .... :devil: :lolsign:

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
jar o' peanut butter!
we could test multiple types, see which jars empty the fastest!

the faster the better ;)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
jar o' peanut butter!
Well, at the risk of violating my policy of "brand neutrality" in reviews, I must admit I'm quite partial to the original Kraft smooth version available here in Canada. :) Crunchy doesn't do it for me, and the "light" version just isn't creamy enough for my tastes.

For you yanks, I tend to go for Skippy when visiting south of the border ... :whistle:

Guess I wouldn't make a very objective peanut butter reviewer! :laughing: :wave:

Last edited:

tolkaze

Enlightened
jar o' peanut butter!

the faster the better ;)

But then we would all complain about the runtime of the peanut butter, and the fact that the spread pattern is all wrong, and that there is no low-low cal version of it

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Test each brand to see which causes the longest bout of constipation , when consumed in excess . (which isn't much)

Well, at the risk of violating my policy of "brand neutrality" in reviews, I must admit I'm quite partial to the original Kraft smooth version available here in Canada. :) Crunchy doesn't do it for me, and the "light" version just isn't creamy enough for my tastes.

For you yanks, I tend to go for Skippy when visiting south of the border ... :whistle:

Guess I wouldn't make a very objective peanut butter reviewer! :laughing: :wave:

DM51

Flashaholic
jar o' peanut butter!
smooth version ... Crunchy doesn't do it for me
Guess I wouldn't make a very objective peanut butter reviewer
the runtime of the peanut butter ... the spread pattern is all wrong
Test each brand to see which causes the longest bout of constipation
It's the TINT that is the real problem. High CRI doesn't come into it. But what you REALLY don't want to see, per tolkaze's and TMG's posts, is what happens when all hell breaks loose and it finally goes into strobe mode :green: LOL

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion, Selfbuilt's reviews ae the gold standard by which all others should be judged.

I think almost everyone enjoys Selfbuit's reviews. One of the things I have really enjoyed have been his roundups. It is nice to read reviews on a lot of lights of one type, all using the same criteria.

I say this even though everyone knows Choosy mothers Choose Jiff. Not sure if thats available in Canada?

Bill

I read in a thread somewhere a while back someone had bought a 500 Nichia showerhead light and was sending it to him for review. I was interested to see the lightbox score on that. Maybe they were just joking.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Of course, there are always lots of interesting lights out there that I'd love to take a look at, but I typically can't even stay on the top of the unsolicited requests I receive ....

well, requests are one thing, what about offers?
say...create a list of lights you have not reviewed but want to review and couldn't afford or get the company to send you one. This way we have a good idea of what light you want to review instead of just what light we want to see reviewed.
If I had such a light, I'd let you keep it for a couple of days, get the review out so everyone else can benefit from it. I can't say everyone will opt for such an option, but I'm confident I am not alone in this proposed endeavour