New KL1 Beam Color, Still purple?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody have a new KL1? Do they still put out a purple tinged beam? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
All that I have seen still have different shaded of blue, and even leaning towards purple.

If the color of your KL1 bothers you, get one of the Q3J's that kingkong is selling in B/S/T and replace the led in your KL1. They're white and bright.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a newer model recently and it's color is pretty good compared to my older one.
2 of the older style KL1's are more purple than the newest one, but then again, it could be the lottery in effect.

-Jason

steinie

Newly Enlightened
I thought my KL1 was the cat's meow when I got it, now the beam looks dim and very blue compared to my 2 new WHITE Streamlight TL-2's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the help. Sounds like they still put out a purple hue.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with Chop on this one--MOD IT, MOD IT, MOD IT! (not like it's peer pressure or anything)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mod it. My R2H driven at 700 mA really has a nice throw and a useable Corona. With the beam shaper it makes a very nice white flood for a large room.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfen,

If you'd like to mod your KL1, it isn't very hard. If you are uncomfortable about doing the mod yourself, send it to either yclo or CM. I've heard on this forum that yclo does good work and I've had CM do work for me that was also good. If either are accepting anymore work that is. Kingkong is selling some rather nice Q3J's that are white and bright. Oh, did I mention cheap? You might want to grab a few. I did and they did not disappoint.

Tony