• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *FOUND* 1x26650 SSR/SST-90 Single Mode High Output

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
*FOUND*

I am looking for a 1x26650 light (running off this cell here) with an SST/SSR-90 inside, heavy duty heatsinking, and one mode, crazy bright. I am looking for five, six, or seven amps to the LED. Heatsinking should be able to handle the heat, and switch should be able to handle the current.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: 1x26650 SSR/SST-90 Single Mode High Output

I am looking for a 1x26650 light (running off this cell here) with an SST/SSR-90 inside, heavy duty heatsinking, and one mode, crazy bright. I am looking for five, six, or seven amps to the LED. Heatsinking should be able to handle the heat, and switch should be able to handle the current.

Most SST-90s have a Vf close to 3.85/3.9v under high current load,
won't get up to 6 or 7 Amps in a flashlight by 1xIMR. Most of the ones
I did are between 4-5 Amp on IMR & it's closer to 4 Amp most of the time.

Only in one case out of many, I got a SST that went up to 7 Amp outside of flashlight & 6 Amp inside of flashlight using 1xIMR 26650.

ptolemy

Enlightened

Most SST-90s have a Vf close to 3.85/3.9v under high current load,
won't get up to 6 or 7 Amps in a flashlight by 1xIMR. Most of the ones
I did are between 4-5 Amp on IMR & it's closer to 4 Amp most of the time.

Only in one case out of many, I got a SST that went up to 7 Amp outside of flashlight & 6 Amp inside of flashlight using 1xIMR 26650.
he knows his sst90's:)

i think you need 2 d's to do it!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for the info! How much of a difference in brightness of the hotspot and spill do you think I will see (pun intended) between four amps with a single cell, and six or seven amps with a pair?