pd_1W2Cv1.jpg

1W 2x123 regulated

their web site:
vortex

anyone know those?

bernhard

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just talked to Arnie, the international sales guy for Vortex. He said he'd get back to me with the current to which these lights are regulated. Arnie did say that the lights were regulated. I also asked him for the bin codes and told him I'd probably buy one if they are W2's or W3's.

Arnie has never heard of CPF. I gave him the URL and think he'll come looking tonight. He sounded intrigued with what he might find.

Vortex is in Temecula, an inland bedroom and multiple winery community filled with folks who commute either to San Diego or to L.A.

As I read the Web Site, it appears that Vortex sources through an entity based in Hong Kong.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking lights! I'm interested in their 2AA as a donor body. All their lights have an understated techie look to it. I Like.

Does anyone know any more specifics about their D and C incan rechargeables? I'm thinking MagCharger replacement here since they use G4 bipin bulbs.

Wilkey

Overamp

Newly Enlightened
I sent an email asking how to order (single 123). I also mentioned the "Dealers Corner" and CPF member specials, so we'll see what happens.

artar

Enlightened
today i got the prices for the c1 and c2 from the german disributor Fullmatech GmbH :

1.) C1 - Artikel-Nr.: 25121222
Preis: 98,00 Euro UVP

pd_W1Cv2.jpg

2.) C2 - Artikel-Nr.: 25131222
Preis: 109,00 Euro UVP

pd_1W2Cv1.jpg

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any word on a US domestic source? My emails to the website have gone unanswered.

Wilkey

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Vortex Lights - rechargeable 5W (& 1/2 CR123s)

The 1 and 2 CR123 lights are at County Comm now.

I looked at the Vortex web site and I am not quite sure that I believe the runtime vs Lumens for the TC1 and TC2. If they are regulated, it would seem that both the 1 and 2 should be the same light level with only 2x runtime. However, the TC2 is also listed as brighter too (25 vs 40 Lumens). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-Bill

BillSJCA

Newly Enlightened
Re: Vortex Lights - rechargeable 5W (& 1/2 CR1

I visited countycomm today

I was able to compared the tc1 & tc2 with my MMax mag light (powered with 2 AA nimh)The MM was about as bright as the TC1, but the TC1 was whiter. The TC2 was noticeably brighter then the MMax and TC1. It was also very white and I'd guess it was close to the rated 40 lumens.

The lights looked very rugged and have a very thick wall. The tail switch felt nice. I didn't buy one, but did pick up a zipka+ and an AAA arc.

Bill

Kiu

Enlightened

Yesterday, I had a chance to play with the TR5 of vortex 5W in the Distributor of Hong Kong. The size is quite big, and longer than PT surge. It is a 5W Side emitter with a well making refelctor. By nake eye, it brighter than L4 and give a longer throw. I am happy with it is a recharge flashlight. But the manager of the distributor tell me it just a demo now. And the price is reqiured to confirm.

jasonbulb

Newly Enlightened

bttt
I would really like to see a beamshot from one of the TC1 or TC2's. Since you CPF'ers seem to have every flashlight under the sun. One of you must have one.