HDS High CRI in the wild (warning snake content)

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
I took the Lab out for my evening walk through the woods and across the river last night. Normally we drive a few miles on the ATV then walk a few miles. However, because it was perfect weather and right after heavy Alabama rain we went way deep into the bush lol.

This was my second trip with my high CRI HDS EDC and wanted to capture the beauty of the water, rocks, plants with this light so, I brought along my I-Phone. Please excuse the poor quality of these pictures they were taken with no tri-pods or stands just a sturdy hand Either way my skills are not on par with Run4JC that's for sure.

First up 35L Ra 170N. It was pitch black heavy clouds and no moon. The river is shallow here with plenty of Copper Heads and Cotton Mouths to keep an eye out for. With this tint the rocks look lunar and it's hard to spot movement of the water, strange I know.

P1010059.jpg

Next High CRI the browns and ripples in the water are very evident, absolutely amazing.
P1010058.jpg

Next same shots at 100L, again sorry for the poor pictures :mecry:

P1010060.jpg

High CRI 100L AKA Burst

P1010061.jpg

Upstream a bit my Lab loves to swim in the deep water so I follow. 170N 100L

P1010066.jpg

100 High CRI 100L burst
P1010065.jpg

As we crossed over a Cotton Mouth bowed up on us so out came my Cold Steel, snake bites are not good for humans or dogs and a real problem here in the South. With all the excitement I was not able to hold still for this shot. Again, the colors are awesome with this light. I know its difficult to see but the blue greenish tint makes it hard to spot the colors in these snakes, so the high CRI did its job.

dec42fd4.jpg

Here we are back home with a little show and tell for the wife and kids. The bottom line is that if you spend time outdoors and really need the beam of your light to illuminate colors and shapes as your eye seems them in day light the high CRI does a great job!

0570339d.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
A lot of snake talk lately, I think this is the fourth thread in the last few weeks where I've gotten to talk snakes. :shrug:

I like your puppy. :kiss: We've had three labs. They're wonderful companions.

Oh, and nice lights. I love my Ras too. Got a Hi CRI in my pocket right now. :thumbsup:

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
A lot of snake talk lately, I think this is the fourth thread in the last few weeks where I've gotten to talk snakes. :shrug:

I like your puppy. :kiss: We've had three labs. They're wonderful companions.

Oh, and nice lights. I love my Ras too. Got a Hi CRI in my pocket right now. :thumbsup:

Thanks, this is my first lab he is almost two and is wide open all the time.... actually he is why I got into flashlights.

100_1399.jpg

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Golden Retriever is jealous. He wants to get muddy too! I named him Wave Runner because he lived on the beaches of Lake Erie. He is 11 years old now and still acts like a pup. You ought a see him when a female ***** comes around...he's still my boy! He's sired about six litters and all the pups sold for over $600 every time. Greg, you lead quite a life Bro! I am still anxiously waiting for my XPG RaClicky. Should be here tomorrow. I'll let ya know what it's like. Stay away from those biting reptiles!

nbp

Flashaholic
Haha, what a great dog, he's awesome. I love that dog smile they get that tells you they're having fun and all is good in the world for that moment, because you're outside, playing, gettin' muddy and hangin' out together.

If he's almost two, he'll probably settle down a bit soon (probably :rolleyes:).

We had one really crazy one and around two she mellowed way down. Another we got from the humane society as a puppy after someone brought in a pregnant lost dog. She was a great dog. The one we have now is about 8, and she was a rescue at about 2.5 yrs old. She's a lover and I can't fathom how someone could have treated her so badly as a young dog. Makes me want to hurt that guy. :scowl: But yeah, you have plenty of great years left with that boy.

And labs love walks, so there's plenty of opportunities for flashlight usage!!:twothumbs

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
Karl/NBP- Thanks so much for sharing! Its amazing how many of us have so much in common :) Karl- I bet its a blast seeing wave runner fighting the surf

lovecpf

Here is a glamor shot

Saphire Glass
Ti Bezel
P1010052-1.jpg

Last edited:

edc3

Enlightened
Nice shots, under the circumstances. I can't wait for these to be in stock again!

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey great pic gunsmoke! Those black bezels are so cool. Feel free to get any of your Ra
Light pictures up in the Ra Collectors thread here

We need someone to breath a little life back into that one. :thumbsup:

N/Apower

Enlightened
Thanks, this is my first lab he is almost two and is wide open all the time.... actually he is why I got into flashlights.

100_1399.jpg
:eek: WHAT LIGHT IS THIS!? OTF lumens!? That is the best color rendition I have ever seen! The spill is amazing. No hot-spot at all though, but it looks like a TON of lumens.

*WANT!*

:thumbsup:

Imon

Enlightened
:eek: WHAT LIGHT IS THIS!? OTF lumens!? That is the best color rendition I have ever seen! The spill is amazing. No hot-spot at all though, but it looks like a TON of lumens.

*WANT!*

:thumbsup:

That's what you get when your power source is nuclear fusion. :devil:

N/Apower

Enlightened
That's what you get when your power source is nuclear fusion. :devil:

I live in America. I doubt this would be legal. Obama wouldn't like anything that powerful in civilian hands I don't think.

Imon

Enlightened
I live in America. I doubt this would be legal. Obama wouldn't like anything that powerful in civilian hands I don't think.

Well, I think that has more to do with the fact that nuclear fusion is impossible in flashlight form :duh2:

So if you want a "nuclear powered" light just get a tritium pendant (not very bright, I know) but at least you can say your necklace is RADIOACTIVE!

harton

Newly Enlightened
Well, I think that has more to do with the fact that nuclear fusion is impossible in flashlight form :duh2:

So if you want a "nuclear powered" light just get a tritium pendant (not very bright, I know) but at least you can say your necklace is RADIOACTIVE!

I strongly agree with your opinion...

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smoke,

Nice story and a great looking Lab. I own a Springer Spaniel and have MANY labs living nearby. Great breed and always putting a smile on my face. What is his name BTW? My dog is the reason I got into lights. Glad your light proved its worth for you and your pup.