eddie bauer leds at target

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i called em.and the guy i dont even knew he worked at target much less what they had.i also checked webpage didnt help either what i want to know.is whats the best led they carry and how much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gifis it?

Entropy

Enlightened
Most of the LED lights at Target are rebadged LEDLenser lights from Germany.

Almost none of the LEDLensers (and none of the ones sold at Target) use standard sized batteries. Hence they're worthless in my book.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also because of the switch design they tend to come on in your pocket. Its a real issue. Look at the Arc AAA.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the time it'd be cheaper to buy a new one of these when the batts die than to try to find another one.

Neat designs in the micro sized one, but I'm not gonna pay for it.

-Jason

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i already bought em i got em at target .i have no idea what they are they have diff names under the eddie bauer name

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o first baterys i got was wrong but i found some energizers for my v2 triplex for 5.49 a piece is that a good deal? i think the other light is a v8 it has a clip on it so it will prevent the battery comeing on in pocket

gyverpete

Enlightened
I got one of them from Target about two years ago for about $16. It has 1 LED and 3 N size batteries. It says Eddie Bauer on the light and on the front of the package. On the back of the package it says it's distributed by "Coast Cutlery" or "Coast" something or other (can't find the card right now). They call them "optoelectronic" lights on the front of the package. Entropy is right, there made by LEDLenser. And most of the websites selling these lights are in German.

is brighter than my Photon II white, when using fresh batteries. There is a resistor in the tail cap, so apparently the LED isn't being overdriven or not by much. The switch on mine is prone to accidental operation and damage. The LED is removeable/replaceable on mine. I'm not sure about battery life. It seems I only used it for several hours total and it's about half as bright as my ARC-AAA now. But maybe on occasion the switch was inadvertently being pressed while in my pocket, running the battery down prematurely.

IMO, the ARC-AAA is MUCH better. Brighter, smaller, better switch, waterproof, and cheap refills.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah i wanted the arc but im pretty parnoid . i like to hand some one money and they hand me what i want.its a shame cause the deals ya can get on the net blow away what i can get in store.but on the plus side if i have probs target is very good to remedy it.but i do admit peter is a great guy i read nothing but good things about him and he makes a awesume light.if i ever buy something online it will be from his company.he is a class act

Azreal911

Enlightened
The only led lenser i own is the v2 mini moon. Only reason i got it is cause it has a nice glass magnifying lens and runs only on 1aaa like the arc and not the hard to find N cells (good luck finding it if you are at a corner in the country while camping). also if i don't like the moon beam i can screw out the lens. it's bigger and heavier than the arc but it seemed pretty well built to me.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yah, they are decent lights but cannot compare to Arc or SF.

gyverpete, yours should be the V2Moon

bernhard

gyverpete

Enlightened
bernhard,
Mine is actually the V12. I forgot to say so in my previous post. The V2 has 3 LEDs and a bigger head than the body, mine has only 1 LED and is the same diameter throughout. The V2 wasn't available at Target when I got mine, but they have them now.

Pete

Kiessling

Flashaholic
there is a V2 Moon out there with only one LED and a lens making a moon beam.
but you are the sesond one to tell me that you have an V12 with a lens .... interesting, they seem to have changed the design.
bernhard

gyverpete

Enlightened
Mine doesn't have a lens. Just an LED recessed in a reflector, sort of like the ARC-AAA but LED deeply set in, and this reflector is removeable and made of plastic.
led.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ah ... ok. that is exactly what I know of the V12. if you like, the LED is easily replacable with a brighter Nichia premium ...
bernhard

raggie33

*the raggedier*
where can i get the nicola premiem? o so far i love thease lights i turned em on the night i gort em and they are still shineing like 40 hours

Kiessling

Flashaholic
raggie, AB sold some of those a time ago, but it seems that he left us for good for unknown reasons.
ask Craig, he should know some places to Nichia premiums ...
bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
you'll need to cut the "feet" of the LED down to the appropriate size and check for polarity! that maybe important for the lifespan of your new super-LED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

EDIT: if you chose a different color than white I personally would not advise red/yellow LEDs since the voltage of those is about 3V and they might not take the 4.5 or 6V of the V8/V8T or V12 ... blue, green, cyan and the like are fine just like white.