Single AAA Clicky?

Cptnodegard

Newly Enlightened
I like my ITP A3 EOS but personally I prefer clicky lights. Also like single mode, for that matter. Is there any (single mode) clicky single AAA lights out there?

Cptnodegard

Newly Enlightened
Looks nice, unfortunately 20 lumens is a long way away from the 80 lumen of the A3, messed up lumen ratings or not... Hardly any more than my Streamlight Nano

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
you'd have to do some research, but I believe the head of the itp as well as many of the other AAA lights will fit on the microstream so you can turn your existing itp into a clicky.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
you'd have to do some research, but I believe the head of the itp as well as many of the other AAA lights will fit on the microstream so you can turn your existing itp into a clicky.

Well, I know the iTP A3 head fits the Stylus Pro body, so it should also fit the Microstream body. I use an A3 head on a Preon 1 body (along with a red Carmex cap) at night to check on the kids and stay covert. :)

Kindle

Enlightened
Leatherman Serac S1 - Single mode but less output than you are looking for (6 lumens)
Leatherman Serac S2 - Slightly output but multi mode (35 & 5 lumens)
Lumapower Avenger - Also multi mode. Well built. A bit more upmarket (around $50).
Preon - Again higher priced & multi-mode. My EDC.

From DX there's the Tank007 TK-703. Single mode & less expensive niche ($10 range).

You can also order Peak LED bodies with a tail switch but it is a momentary rather than a clicky.

The microstream lego idea might be worth checking out. It's relatively cheap (<$15) so if it doesn't work you're not out much and you can probably find someone on CPF to take it off your hands.

Last edited:

Cptnodegard

Newly Enlightened
From DX there's the Tank007 TK-703. Single mode & less expensive niche ($10 range).

That is beyond perfect - ordered! Fits perfectly since I wasn't out to spend a lot of money on this. Got the A3, a Romisen RC-N3 and a StreamLight Nano already

JDest

Newly Enlightened
The new Tiablo E3A may fit if you don't mind it not being single mode. Runs on AAA and 10440 with a claimed 200 lumens (most likely emitter) and regulation. A bit more expensive (~$40) than the A3 or the Tank007 but may be worth it. I don't own this light yet but I know of at least one CPF member who has one on order. Since member EZO brought this up a few weeks ago, I've been attempting to gather as much info as I can on this potential pocket rocket. Worth a look-see for sure.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Preon 1 from 4Sevens is a 1xAAA light that comes with a twisty UI, but you can swap it out with a Preon clicky that is available in their accessories section.

Preon 1 with a 10440 is supposedly super-bright, although I believe the use of 10440's is not recommended by 4Sevens.

Check out this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/292743

Cptnodegard

Newly Enlightened
A3 just crapped out on my anyways, so good thing I'm buyign a new one. The light keeps flickering on all brightness settings and sometimes goes off completely. Battery change and tightening it more or less doesn't help. on't be buying anything ITP again for sure

The preon looks very nice btw, expensive compared to what I usually pay for lights, then again, it probably wouldnt have crapped out

HIDblue

Enlightened
The preon looks very nice btw, expensive compared to what I usually pay for lights, then again, it probably wouldnt have crapped out

Yeah, I'm probably going to shell out for a Preon 2 (2xAAA) light which already comes with a clicky and then just buy an extra Preon 1 (1xAAA) body. You can mix and match the Preon 1 and 2 parts, so I'll use the Preon 1 body with the head and clicky switch from the Preon 2 for most occasions, but will also have the Preon 2 body if I want some extra output. The colored Preon 1's only run around $37 which isn't too bad given their warranty and customer service.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
AKOray K-103 is a great little economy AAA with fwd clicky and single mode. Can't go wrong for $13. I like mine, though it's not a AAA light that I spend much time using... I keep various lights sitting around the house in various places just to be handy and I use it as one of those.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23994

Microstream tail running a Fenix LD01 is a great hybrid setup. But three levels.

Preon with clicky tailcap is awesome. But three levels.

Cptnodegard

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I'm probably going to shell out for a Preon 2 (2xAAA) light which already comes with a clicky and then just buy an extra Preon 1 (1xAAA) body. You can mix and match the Preon 1 and 2 parts, so I'll use the Preon 1 body with the head and clicky switch from the Preon 2 for most occasions, but will also have the Preon 2 body if I want some extra output. The colored Preon 1's only run around $37 which isn't too bad given their warranty and customer service.

That was my plan if I get a preon as well, but I don't like multimode lights

That Akoray looks very nice. But so does everything mentioned in this thread :duh2:
Danger of looking into flashlights...

Cptnodegard

Newly Enlightened
I got the TK703 today, and I'm both impressed and unimpressed. It's bigger than the A3, in part due to the clicky that I love. But what bothers me really is the tint. The warm natural tint of the A3 looks so much nicer than the WC tint on the A3, though the TK703 clearly has a higher output (and apparently draws more from the battery, according to reviews).

In related news, does anyone have a link to a good comparison/explenation for tint? Listing the different ones, abbreviations etc. I tried google and the custom google search but can't find a good overview

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
You get what you pay for. Should have gone with the Peak Eiger and a momentary switch. It can also be used as a twisty for constant on. Flawless white beam.