Surefire Shotgun Weaponlight

tomasw1

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what lamp I can drop in to convert to LED? I tried the P60 but ng.
(looking for one for an m6 weaponlight too)

Any help is greatly appreciated

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your weapon light take two or three batteries? A pic would be useful as well. :welcome:BTW. Once we have a better idea of what wepaonlight you have, you'll get tons of recomendations. I'd recommend the Malkoff, but that will depend on the model of weaponlight you have.

tomasw1

Newly Enlightened
Thank you A.O.W.

I guess a description would help. Lol.. I have a Surefire 618FA. It takes 2 CR123 batteries.
opplanet-surefire-weaponlights-618fa.jpg

I'm looking around and I'm seeing the P60(1) is supposed to work... Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have to double check.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
To do what I think you're trying to do, you need to change the bezel as well.

Thank you A.O.W.

I guess a description would help. Lol.. I have a Surefire 618FA. It takes 2 CR123 batteries.

I'm looking around and I'm seeing the P60(1) is supposed to work... Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have to double check.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are plenty of options.

The 618 has a battery tube that screws into the shotgun pump handle/grip. at the other end of the tube is the bezel. Unscrew that from the tube and there should be a P60 lamp inside.

Surefire makes a new upgrade for the 618. The LM1-BK and LM2-BK

Basically it replaces everything past the pump grip.

the LM1 is a single cell light and the LM2 is a 2x cell light.

If you want something less expensive then you can use a surefire KX4 head.
http://www.surefire.com/KX4-LED-Conversion-Head Choose the BK-HA version unless you want a different color, but the BK-HA will match the hard annodizing on your battery tube.

Of course you could pretty much use any P60 style dropin. I tried a Malkoff M60 in my MP5 foregrip but the bezel doesnt seat quite right. it works, but there is a gap.

Hope this helps.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
JNewell, I see you have a 618FA as well. Did you change it to LED? May I ask what you used for it?

There were a couple of, pardon me, illuminating posts on this by Al (Size 15s) last summer. Based on that, it seems that the SureFire conversion kit is basically the standard aluminum hex bezel and a P60L module. That's what I did (I had a spare P60L and a spare bezel) and it works perfectly.* You need to swap out the shock-isolated bezel used for the incan LA because otherwise you get too narrow a beam and you'll have thermal issues as well (depending on LED module and how long you keep the light on).

*I could be using one of my Malkoffs in this, but after some T&E I've concluded that the P60L is actually very satisfactory for my needs, and there were a couple in the parts box. YMMV.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The BP60L bezel is longer than a standard Z44 bezel so as not to overly compress the P60L's spring contacts.

The KX4 LED bezel can directly replace the Z32+P60 combination used by 'Classic 6V' WeaponLights.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
tomasw1 here is my SF 623LFG with the KX4 120 lumens or you can get the P60L for 80 lumens. Some say that there is no big difference between the two light assemblies.
mossberg2.jpg