LED replacement bulbs for post mounted spots

Bullman

Newly Enlightened
I was changing the bulb out in my patrol car spotlight last night, as usual to find the part I needed I had to go over to the stripped out car lot and steal the bulb out of one of our old cars. I got to thinking, as long as LED bulbs appear to last and as bright as they are making some of the flashlights now, I was wondering if anyone had developed an LED replacement emitter or an emitter reflector combo that was an easy plug in mod for the Unity post mounted spotlights that come on most patrol cars.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was changing the bulb out in my patrol car spotlight last night, as usual to find the part I needed I had to go over to the stripped out car lot and steal the bulb out of one of our old cars. I got to thinking, as long as LED bulbs appear to last and as bright as they are making some of the flashlights now, I was wondering if anyone had developed an LED replacement emitter or an emitter reflector combo that was an easy plug in mod for the Unity post mounted spotlights that come on most patrol cars.

I am betting they will never make one, instead they will one day make LED based spotlights for patrol cars instead. You could try and mod one but it would require either a multi die LED like the P7 or SSC 50/90 etc variety or multiple single die emitters with associated reflectors/optics. You are probably looking at spending more than the cost of a bulb IMO the best investment would be to buy an LED spotlight designed from scratch properly to incorporate heatsinking for the LED and driver modules.

Bullman

Newly Enlightened
Awesome possum, I just burned out another bulb tonight. You can bet if I lay down the cash for that bad boy it is going with me when I swap out cars too. If I put in a work order for my bulb, it would take months to get it fixed. I am tired of scavenging scrapped cars to get bulbs.