Request: Tiablo A9 vs Jetbeam Jet-III M beamshots

Capt. Nemo

Newly Enlightened
I've been searching for a few days now without success. I'm looking for a new duty light to possibly mount on my AR-15 and for general carry. I've recently discovered the CPF and a whole new world of lighting possibilities has the decisions becoming very hard to make.

So I've narrowed down the choice to two lights: Tiablo A9 and the Jetbeam Jet-III M.

My requirements in deciding are:

1) Has to be able to be mounted on my rifle using standard 1" scope ring, or have a mount available without modification to my rifle.

2) Easy to use tailcap button. None of this click this for this if you want this and hold this while this blinks and then twist this while pressing that. On and off is what I need.

3) Has a tape switch option for the rifle if I want to go that route in the future.

4) Good amount of throw. I need something that won't spot my fellow officers in the peripheral area of my line of sight/point of aim, and yet can identify someone holding a weapon out to at least 50 meters.

5) Lighter is better. I realize neither of these are very light, but that ties in with the next point.

6) Durable. Needs to be able to withstand the rigors of recoil and being banged around.

7) Not so expensive that I'm going to cry if I lose it in a foot pursuit if it's not mounted on my rifle.

SO, anyone have a side to side comparison of these two? Beamshots preferably? Thanks!!

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
Don't have beamshots, but I've owned Tiablo A9 ...and it's far better thrower than Jet III-M, but you'd have to use it with tactlical "single-mode" clicky, the standard one, that offers two modes doesn't comply with your "2" requirement.

Have you considered other flashlights. For example 4Sevens Maelstorm G5, Fenix TK11, Fenix TA20/21, Olight M20 ? All of them should match most of your requirements.

qqqqqqqman

Newly Enlightened
Check in the "Reviews" section....I think those flashlights might be in the "100 yd. beamshots" part of some reviews by "selfbuilt"

Capt. Nemo

Newly Enlightened
Check in the "Reviews" section....I think those flashlights might be in the "100 yd. beamshots" part of some reviews by "selfbuilt"

I'll check that out. Edit - found it: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/283966&highlight=100+yard+beamshots+review Looks like that Tiablo with the Aspheric (or whatever you call it) head is the way to go.

I'll have to look closer at the Maelstrom G5 as well. I've seen that mentioned quite a bit in regards to weapons mounting. Edit again - is 4Sevens an American company? I'm huge into supporting US made products. Neither the Tiablo or Jetbeam from what I can find are US companies. I would probably lean toward that Maelstrom G5 if that's the case.

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Enlightened
If you bought the Tiablo A9 it would tick most of your requirements. As someone else said you would need to get the after-market forward clicky switch to comply with no. 2.
I am unsure on it's durability on a AR-15 as I have no experience in that area but it is a solid light.

As for your need to illuminate just your target, the aspheric head would be an option with no side spill at all...mine at 64 yards...

004.jpg

The tree is about 10 yards wide.

At 20 yards...

003.jpg

Here the beam is about a yard wide but the pic makes it look brighter than it really is here.

With or without the aspherics, you will have good illumination out to 200 yards.

HTH,

Steve.

Capt. Nemo

Newly Enlightened
If you bought the Tiablo A9 it would tick most of your requirements. As someone else said you would need to get the after-market forward clicky switch to comply with no. 2.
I am unsure on it's durability on a AR-15 as I have no experience in that area but it is a solid light.

As for your need to illuminate just your target, the aspheric head would be an option with no side spill at all...mine at 64 yards...

004.jpg

The tree is about 10 yards wide.

At 20 yards...

003.jpg

Here the beam is about a yard wide but the pic makes it look brighter than it really is here.

With or without the aspherics, you will have good illumination out to 200 yards.

HTH,

Steve.

Thanks for the shots. I think, based on my price range right now, the Tiablo is the way to go. Fortunately, lights aren't as expensive as guns, so if the Tiablo doesn't work out there are other lights to fill the spot without breaking the bank.