Jetbeam III M vs. Lumapower Incedio V3 lumen Output

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how Lumapower Incedio V3 can put out 370 lumens compared to Jetbeam III M 355 lumens.
I want the Jetbeam, but I would rather have the higher lumen ouptut.

Last edited:

Shikar

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Jetbeam III M and am sending back the new Fenix K12. Not cos i see more lumens, but I like the beam of the Jetbeam better than the Fenix (both are the newest versions).

Regards.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how Lumapower Incedio V3 can put out 370 lumens compared to Jetbeam III M 355 lumens.
I want the Jetrbeam, but I would rather have the higher lumen ouptut.

At that level of output, you will not be able to see a difference in brightness between the two. Just get the one that has the beam pattern you prefer.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the beam color and pattern?
I just got the Jetbeam III M and am sending back the new Fenix K12. Not cos i see more lumens, but I like the beam of the Jetbeam better than the Fenix (both are the newest versions).

Regards.

HIDblue

Enlightened
I want the Jetrbeam, but I would rather have the higher lumen ouptut.

I have the Incendio V3 and you have to remember that it's 370 lumens at the emitter...I'd put it, non-scientifically, somewhere in the 200's OTF. Nice light and it's very small, compact and lightweight. It's advertised to be brightest using an RCR123, but it does tend to get toasty when you use on high for any length of time. The beam is very floody and more neutral than cool.

The Jet III-M on the other hand is a 2x123 or 18650 light so it may be more apples and oranges to compare the two. The Jet III-M can probably run on high for much longer and still stay cool to the touch.

But you can just throw the Incendio in your pocket and forget about it, but the Jet III-M is more of a holster/duty belt light.

I wonder if you could even tell the difference between 370 and 355 lumens side by side?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the CPF edition of the Incendio V3, but sold it since I needed the money at the time. It was bright, but I did not play with it enough to remember how good it was.
I am actually undecided between the 2 right now.
I have the Incendio V3 and you have to remember that it's 370 lumens at the emitter...I'd put it, non-scientifically, somewhere in the 200's OTF. Nice light and it's very small, compact and lightweight. It's advertised to be brightest using an RCR123, but it does tend to get toasty when you use on high for any length of time. The beam is very floody and more neutral than cool.

The Jet III-M on the other hand is a 2x123 or 18650 light so it may be more apples and oranges to compare the two. The Jet III-M can probably run on high for much longer and still stay cool to the touch.

But you can just throw the Incendio in your pocket and forget about it, but the Jet III-M is more of a holster/duty belt light.

I wonder if you could even tell the difference between 370 and 355 lumens side by side?

Shikar

Newly Enlightened
How is the beam color and pattern?

The color is very clean white, same on both. The ringy hotspot is little more noticeable on the TK12. I liked the UI of the Jetbeam in its ability to customize more than the TK12.
I would wait and get the TK15 if you really want the Fenix.

Regards.

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
I had the CPF edition of the Incendio V3, but sold it since I needed the money at the time. It was bright, but I did not play with it enough to remember how good it was.
I am actually undecided between the 2 right now.

Well, the regular Incendio V3 that's still 370 lumens is like $49 while the Jet III-M is like $84...quite a price difference, if you care about price. That's not taking into account the CPF discounts though.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay after input from Shikar and HIDblue I decided to go with the Jetbeam III M for the runtime and the ability to use different batteries. Plus the CPF discount did make a difference.:naughty:

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
I have the IncenDio v3 @370 lumen and the jet III-M in 220 lumen warm white version (not the R5).

The jetbeam hardly gets used because of the size. The IncenDio is really bright and small enough to edc. Both lights are difficult to compare because the jet III-m is a thrower and the IncenDio has a floody beam.
Doing a cealing bounce, the IncenDio is hardly brighter than the 220 lumen jet III m though...

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I considered the size, but I wanted something that could give me the longer runtime that is bright. I liked the Incendio V3, but I did not care for the UI.
I have the IncenDio v3 @370 lumen and the jet III-M in 220 lumen warm white version (not the R5).

The jetbeam hardly gets used because of the size. The IncenDio is really bright and small enough to edc. Both lights are difficult to compare because the jet III-m is a thrower and the IncenDio has a floody beam.
Doing a cealing bounce, the IncenDio is hardly brighter than the 220 lumen jet III m though...

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
I considered the size, but I wanted something that could give me the longer runtime that is bright. I liked the Incendio V3, but I did not care for the UI.

Plz let us know how you like the III-m. Maybe I'll get mine modded, although the warm white is a nice tint.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely made the right decision on buying Jetbeam III M. It's very bright with great throw, and the UI is actually fairly easy to use. I compared the Jetbeam III M to an Aurora P7 light, and the Jetbeam made the P7 LED look dim, so I tried a new battery and the Jetbeam III M is just super bright. The Aurora P7 light was actually a little brighter than my CPF edition Incendio V3 when I compared them in the past. I guess you can't go by only lumen output ratings.
Plz let us know how you like the III-m. Maybe I'll get mine modded, although the warm white is a nice tint.

Last edited:

richpalm

Banned
Why does the Jetbeam website claim a max output of 255 lumens for their Jet-III M?

Because they never updated the site. :mad: I'm skeptical dealing with someone that doesn't update their site regularly.

I got my IIIM from Bugoutgear and I'm crazy about it, not to mention how good it looks with the crenelated bezel.

Rich

AIX

Newly Enlightened
Good choice with the Jet III. I have the older XR-E version, and love it. I just recently (and reluctantly) put the waterproofing to the test by letting my brother take it out into the ocean for about 15 minutes. Still works great!

:thumbsup: