Flashlight Industry

hoffmanjj19

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF Members!

I'm an MBA student at the University of Wisconsin- Whitewater, and I'm working on a project for my International Marketing class that has proven to be quite challenging. For the project, we are writing Market Briefs for the United Nations about the U.S. and German LED flashlight industries.

I have found import and export numbers, but I can't seem to find any consumption or production numbers. Does anyone know where I could find these numbers or have an idea on the top 5 major U.S. LED flashlight manufacturers, so I could calculate production?

I'm also working on aspects of the flashlight industry such as: legal requiremnts and commercial conventions regarding packaging and labelling, adverstising being used (examples of trade fairs, trade journals, and availability of direct marketing instruments), and market trends for the LED flashlight market.

If you have any articles or websites that you think might be helpful, please post a link on here. I will be researching the topics above with my team as the semester progresses, but we are only business students and have had very little exposure to the flashlight market, unlike many of you.

I greatly appreciate any help you can give me!

Thank you!

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know where I could find these numbers or have an idea on the top 5 major U.S. LED flashlight manufacturers, so I could calculate production?

Top 5 US US LED Flashlight manufacturers or top 5 US LED flashlight companies? Most of the top US LED flashlight companies manufacturer their product in china. Do you consider a US based company that manufactures all product in china a US manufacturer? SureFire is a large brand that does manufacture in the US.

Also, what do you consider top 5? Top 5 in unit sales? Top 5 in gross revenue? Top 5 in quality? Top 5 in gross margin? The top 5 list changes depending on what you want.

Last edited: