as 911 aproaches

raggie33

*the raggedier*
That day hunts me.Last year i didnt take it so well.Hear it is again soon we have to remeber the day cowards attacked us.please post youre coments

robk

Enlightened
It bothers me too. It's not fear though. It's not even hatred or desire for revenge. It is the fact that on 9/11/2001 I was smacked in the head with the reality that there some very, very evil creeps in this world. For a while I kinda felt that I didn't want to be part of a species that can inflict such harm on others and laugh about it. The only scary thing is we probably don't have the resources to eliminate all the scumbags out there. They will continue to attack and kill innocent people.
Rob

Skyline

Enlightened
I think I took 9/11 off last year. It's going to be..eerie.. going to work downtown next Thursday. :-/

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Seeing this topic here has been something. I knew it was coming. I'm the one in my family who mentioned it first.

But seeing it here in print, has made me very nearly sick to my stomach.

I'm very glad that our President has the guts to do what needs doing!

I'll be thinking of you Skyline!!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I went to the 9-11 memorial at the Westlake Mall and Seattle Center last year and had my wallet stolen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
This year, I'll still go, but I won't have a wallet for anybody to take. :toliet:

jtice

Flashaholic
Seems like is hasnt been two years yet.

I can remember being wokeup by my parents to watch the news.
I was very surprised... and knew what was going on as soon as I saw it.

After all 3 planes hit there target, I was ,, well,,, surprised, and alittle overwhelmed.
I couldnt quite beleave that that was all pulled off, and did so much damage.

I really did not expect the WTC to fall to the damn ground though. That really surprised me. They actually help up very well considering. They were ment to take a plane impact, just not of the magnitude.

The thing that probaly touched me the most, was the plane that crashed in PA, supposidely heading toward the White House.
I live in West Virginia, so it was somewhat close.
it touched me, becuase you know what those people onboard that plane went through. The one man, calling his wife, telling her he loved her, and that they were going to take action. Those BRAVE people aboard that plane knew they had little to no chance of living threw it. And, instead of sitting there and letting it happen, they took action, and took back control of the plane. Maybe not enough to land it safely or anything, but I don't think thats what they were expecting to do anyway.
Those brave people saved alot of lives and damage that day.

I am actually, for the most part, diapointed in their planes to rebuild the WTC. It should be as big, or BIGGER than the original. I think alot of people are scared to do that, thinking it could all happen again. I really would like to see those two BRIGHT spotlights they had pointing into the sky left there PERMENATELY! And no, not just cuz I'm a light nut. I though it was the perfect memorial.

I would like to think alot has changed in this last year, as far as making things better. But, NOOOOOOOO, it has only got much much worse. You think we had alot of people pissed at the US before, pffftt, NOW they are pissed. This recent was will only bring more terror to this contry.

Yea, maybe we gave some freedom to some people over in Iraq, maybe we caused them more trouble. But it did NOTHING for the fight on terrorism. It has only slowed it down for now, and made them have more reason, and determination to cuase harm to our country. It's very sad, that most Americans didnt have the slightest clue why the terrorist would want to attack us. Most didnt know any of the horrible things our contry has done to them in the past. I knew about a good bit of what was behind all of this before it happened, but afterwards, when all the television shows came out on the subject, it really informed me even more.

I hope that the American people, and other people for that matter, have learned something from all of this. At least then, SOME good will have came from all of it.

I will update this thread alittle later,,, after my zmoz account desides to come back up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif
I have some timelines, and iformational documents I wrote on 911 some of you may like.
If you want them now, just emial me, or contact me on AIM name jtice Trotto

robk

Enlightened
I disagree that the Bush administration is doing the right thing. There is no positive evidence that Iraq supported any terrorist training or activities. The BILLIONS of dollars should be spent HERE, to secure our borders, beef up security on airlines, freight ships, etc. It's my money and yours, let's spend it here. More cops, more FBI, better defense systems. Don't want to start a brawl here, just my opinion.
Rob

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Living near a nuclear power plant, I've tended to start profiling strangers as 9/11 gets closer. I still have friends at the power plant, and they have started locking down even more so than normal. I know the local LEO groups have stepped up awareness (profiling?) of strangers and strange behavior.

The horror of being trapped in a lightless building is what brought me into flashlights and CPF.

Sad.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Last year, I was working with the Red Cross crews at the Ground Zero event.

This year, I just can't do it again - I'm going to work, but I'll be thinking of them

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
This should sum up my fealings "Proud to be an American!" And I will support any desition my presedent makes, when it comes to national security, for there are a lot of things that the press and public are not alowed to know.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be doing my best to help out my community.

In my opinion, the best way to remember 9/11 is to help your neighbors and show goodwill as did those who perished helping strangers 2 years ago this 11th.

-Jason

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember the day it happened. I found out in the morning, in the parking lot as I was about to be dropped off at school. Scarry.

Some teachers talked about it, let us watch the t.v., while others preferred not to talk about it. Some just handed out a worksheet for the class, needing some time alone.

It was a very scarry day. I hope that we get some time for a memorial, or time to reflect or something. September 11, 2001 should never be forgotten. It shouldn't be turned into a bad thing, cause that is what the hijackers want, but rather a time to remember all of the bad things, and realize that we should move on and live our lives happily.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My emotions as we approach 9-11 are like this:

1. Sadness that this happened, many families impacted, quite sadly
2. Pride in our Americans in our armed forces, they "stepped up" to their country's call
3. Determination to find the terrorists that did it and hunt them down
4. Resolution...to try to stop this from happening again

I don't agree that we've followed the best strategy for #4, but I'll leave those comments for some other venue.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
There is one positive aspect to being in Iraq.

Terrorists and Wannabes are flooding in from Saudi Arabia and Iran and other countries over there to fight our people.

While they are doing that, it's kinda hard for them to get a strong attack worked up for our home land.

I want to see armed people, volunteers even, stationed on the borders with the order "if anyone tries to cross here, away from an official border crossing, SHOOT THEM!"

Wouldn't take long......

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I was just leaving for work when the first plane hit but didn't suspect foul play until the second one hit and then I knew we were at war. When I got to work and turned on the TV I told the boss, "This will be a day we will never forget." He shrugged it off and said, let's get to work. A 1/2 hour or so later the buildings collapsed. Immediate anger came over me and I wished I were back in the service, still do. It was a terrible tragedy I won't and wouldn't want to forget.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Well everyone please fly youre flag that day.I fly my flag everyday the red white and blue is the most bueitful thing ive ever seen.

hula

Newly Enlightened
I passed a 1st world war memorial the other day it was of a soldier, head bowed. Underneath it was simply wrote 'Lest we forget'. Suddenly memories of 911 came back to me perhaps because it too was the slaughter of so many innocents.
I don't really know how to put into words how I felt on 911 I only know that I long for the day that all the world is truly rid of such acts. We should never stop trying for that world.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
Lets please try to stick to the original topic here and not get in to another debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I've edited my post to be more on topic.