Anyone still using the 10X Dominator?

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking on trading a guy for one of these tomorrow and was just wondering if any guys here still using there's.

I'm going to use this at work (Security) I usually work the swing shift at a University and we have a lot of dark areas.

I currently use a 6PL with Malkoff M60 as my main light and a Surefire Backup in my pocket. I'm plaining on using the Dominator when I need to check are larger areas it will mostly stay in my Unit unless I feel I may need it.

The only draw back I can see with the Dominator is the size, I'm a K-9 handler and working a dog on a leash and carrying a large light might not work to well.

So who's still using their's? LEO's please chime in with your experiences.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a LEO, but loooong time 10X Dominator user. I have 2 batteries, which I rotate. I have lots of lights, but I like the feel of the Dominator. New LF bulbs for other Surefire lights make the size/switching of the Dominator unique. 2 light levels. Lots of bright light down the street. Fairly short runtime on the battery pack while using high.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 10X that I like for it's output and long runtime but has seen little use over the years. I personally like the 8NX ergonomics better. I am still on the original lamp assemblies. I am using the the MN30 @ 60 lumens for the secondary bulb rather than the MN32 @ 110 lumens. The light will run for hours on the MN30 and very long with the MN32. With the high powered MN31 activated you only get around 15 minutes total runtime. The 10X running the MN31 gives you lots of spill and lights up a wide area with not much throw compared to the M6 which gives you much more throw and little spill.

Surefire has discontinued there current line of rechargeable lights and the 10X is one of them. If you end up trading for it, order some replacement bulbs right away from a retailer that has them in stock because they are not available from Surefire any longer. It appears that Surefire will not be supporting the current line of rechargeables. Their website doesn't let you order any lamp assemblies or batteries for their current discontinued rechargeable line.
I just ordered new lamp assemblies for my 10X and am considering a new battery pack as well.

Update: When I wrote this the Surefire website showed the rechargeable lights and indicated discontinued. A check today shows they have taken down all the pictures and models of all the rechargeable line. They have this on the site now so maybe they will be supporting their discontinued line based on the last sentence below:

"SureFire has discontinued our previous rechargeable flashlight models (8AX Commander, 8NX Commander, 9AN Commander, 10X Dominator, L7 LumaMax). New rechargeable models will be coming later this year.

If you require technical support for a discontinued model, please call Customer Service at (800) 828-8809 or email
[email protected]."

When i called around looking for rechargeable lamp assemblies earlier last week, I had many dealers tell me that they can no longer get these lamp assemblies because they have been discontinued. I eventually found a dealer that had them in stock.

Last edited:

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Wow I'm glad I read this going to stock up on some MN31s and MN32s and the battery pack. My 10X is a shelf queen but is ready for use for any bumps at night. It was not too practical for work as it did not have a comfortable holster plus I worried about dropping it being its pretty expensive.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, sadly, and as I was planning to purchase one they go and discontinue them -_-

Re: canines, the 10x is designed to be stable while tucked under your arm courtesy of an oblong handle and two big grippy rubber patches on the sides of the batteries.

Stock up on consumables, though! I wonder if any Fivemega bi-pin towers work on the Dominator... ?