Fenix LD40 and Fenix TK20

firelord777

Enlightened
Hello!

I recently found out about the ld40 and found it to be an awesome altenative to the ta21 (my parents said lithium batteries were dangerous, so a ta21 was out of the question.) and it uses 4x aa batteries!

So anyways, have a few questions about the ld40.

Is the plastic used in the lights durable or feeble? (at least plastic doesn't scratch its paint off easily as aluminum. Really easy to get a TK20 chip or ding.)

Can you change modes without turning on the light?

Is the lanyard adjustable?

Some videos show a slow strobe mode and a fast strobe mode on the ld40, and others say it is random. Which is correct?

Oh yeah, the cd on the ld40 is around 10.5k. Is this lux? the e21 has around 4k, and heard it is the same as the tk20, so should I expect to find the ld40 throw significantly further?

Also, how hot does the head get? I saw a HOT CAUTION sign on it.

Is it really impact resistant? One drop of my brother's tk20 was all it took to kill it, as in not work anymore.

Will the light have longer runtime with DuraC pre-charged or my existing 2100/2600 mah aa batteries?

Furthermore, has anyone ever taken the ld40 for a swim? my tk20 served my well in a 9ft deep pool in Mexico for a good 45 minutes, no water intrusion whatsoever. Water was quite cloudy, so the light's NW was put to the test. Result: Visiblility was around a most 4-5 feet. Pretty darn good. Can't imagine if it was a cool led.

This may not be relavant but: I am going to buy a monocular, but need to know if the flat anti roll surfaces on the ld40 will allow the flat surface of a Brunton 8x22. (go to tk20 impressions thread and you'll see what i mean.)

Sorry if it is a lot of questions, but I am going to get the light for probably for Christmas and want to know what to expect. Also, I plan on making my first cpf review on this light, and possibly the tk20 if i have time.

Thank you in advance:thumbsup: