Newsday: Gear to Survive the Next Blackout

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Newsday article by Lou Dolinar

"As with most nascent tech phenomena, LEDs have their own charming little Web site: http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ledleft.htm . The efficiency of LEDs, by most accounts, make them "The Next Big Thing" and the odds-on favorite to replace many other forms of lighting, assuming that costs come down and production ramps up...."

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Yes, a well deserved congrats to Craig! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig, I expect we'll be seeing you on the cover of Time magazine in the near future. "LED Flashlight Expert Speaks Out." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woohoo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Well done Craig!

grnamin

Enlightened
Only thing missing was a link to Candlepowerforums.com and the writer would have been squared away in my book. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Craig, charming? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I see I have yet another feather in my hat and have yet another update to add to my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you all for the congratulations. But I think the writer screwed up when he said that LEDs were "nascent technology". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Like tylerdurden says, they've been around for decades.