Surefire E2L and E1L

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I have been collecting Surefire lights for a few years but I have not seem to deem it fit in purchasing an E2L until I read about the review from Robin24K about the E2L AA. Then the thought occurred to me that maybe it's time for me to buy an E2L AA for the long runtime and also just because it runs on AA. I am not really an AA guy since I could purchase CR123 here at a very reasonable price but anyway I went down to my local dealer looking for an E2L AA.

When I am there, I noticed that they are offering a year end discount on some selected SF lights and I also noticed the duo mode E1L and E2L are going for almost the same price as the new 6PX Pro! That is quite tempting so I ended up buying both of them. I bought them because of the long runtime but I am not too sure what sort of regulated runtime I would be looking at.

I have tried doing a search on CPF and am overwhelmed with so many threads of redundant information. Could anyone please enlighten me with a link to official runtime test? SF states the runtime for the E2L to be 6 hours until output drops to 50%. Does that mean the output only starts dropping at somewhere near the 6 hours mark?

Anyway, do you guys think the price I paid for is a steal considering both the E1L and E2L are each priced only slightly higher than the 6PX Pro's suggested retail price?