Bought myself a Maelstrom G5 and an Olight M31.

PayBack

Enlightened
Hi ppl...

I couldn't decide which to get, and as I'd finished paying off my car a year ago, I had accumulated a bit of spare cash.. so bought both (and a new gun lol)

Happy with both, though there are few places near where I live that I can see the throw advantage of the M31 over the maelstrom.

I have to say though the for it's size and light weight, the Maelstron is great. I'm usually disappointed with new lights these days as the increase on throw or output is less than expected. This time the Maelstrom didn't disappint. I like the UI for changing brightness better also. Big thumbs up to 4Sevens for letting me swap on a plain bezel!!

The M31 obviously puts out more light, and throws further, but untill I find 200 metres plus of darkness, the Maelstrom is king.

Oh... and damn isn't 0.2 lumens a lot! OK not compared to 350, but I thought I'd only be able use it to locate the light in the dark, I didn't realise even roof bounced it would light up a medium sized room enough to navigate... and my eyes are 42 years old!

Suggested improvements for the M31.. copy the Maelstrom UI.

Suggested improvements for the Maelstrom.. optional GITD Tail standable switch (and maybe a bigger gap between high and max).