Salute to the Quark Mini 123

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Ive posted in the past about being extremely annoyed with the tendency of these flashlights to mode skip.

That's coming from owning two of them, and a friend owning another. Three lights total.

Extremely annoying for an EDC keychain light.

But this is another story...

As a WORK light, I'm just flabbergasted at the performance of these things.

We've (me and some of my work crew) have been using these things as headlamps for a long time now. Night time rollerblading, door to door flyer distribution.

Despite being covered in duct tape they don't overheat even on high.

We mostly use medium (40 lumen) setting.

Eight hours, and it costs us about 20 cents per hour.

We do make a lot more than that per hour, so it works...

It has prompted us to invest (haven't yet obtained) into the Quark Mini AA so we can use Eneloops.

I still maintain that Quarks SOMEWHAT suck as an EDC keychain light because of the mode skipping, but there is NO denying that once you SET these things they are AWESOME at what they do...

I just figured I'd offer some public praise where it was due, being that I've already publicly criticized these lights for their shortcomings.

Incredibly awesome once you set them. I think most at CPF already know about the pain in the neck of getting them set...

But NO FAILURES AFTER ONE YEAR.

Despite my small grievances 4Sevens has re-earned my respect because of that.

In other words, their incredibly glitchy flashlight has proven to be so great of a performer I'm willing to overlook the glitchy UI.

It makes me think theyre Flashaholics First, Joe User Second.

I can definitely work with that... and I did, for a year...

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Ive posted in the past about being extremely annoyed with the tendency of these flashlights to mode skip.

That's coming from owning two of them, and a friend owning another. Three lights total.

Extremely annoying for an EDC keychain light.

But this is another story...

As a WORK light, I'm just flabbergasted at the performance of these things.

We've (me and some of my work crew) have been using these things as headlamps for a long time now. Night time rollerblading, door to door flyer distribution.

Despite being covered in duct tape they don't overheat even on high.

We mostly use medium (40 lumen) setting.

Eight hours, and it costs us about 20 cents per hour.

We do make a lot more than that per hour, so it works...

It has prompted us to invest (haven't yet obtained) into the Quark Mini AA so we can use Eneloops.

I still maintain that Quarks SOMEWHAT suck as an EDC keychain light because of the mode skipping, but there is NO denying that once you SET these things they are AWESOME at what they do...

I just figured I'd offer some public praise where it was due, being that I've already publicly criticized these lights for their shortcomings.

Incredibly awesome once you set them. I think most at CPF already know about the pain in the neck of getting them set...

But NO FAILURES AFTER ONE YEAR.

Despite my small grievances 4Sevens has re-earned my respect because of that.

In other words, their incredibly glitchy flashlight has proven to be so great of a performer I'm willing to overlook the glitchy UI.

It makes me think theyre Flashaholics First, Joe User Second.

I can definitely work with that... and I did, for a year...