News about Zebralight SC600 (XM-L, 18650)

borstarmicke

Newly Enlightened
Customer

1/17/2011 1:39:29 AM Is it true that you have a 18650 light with

xm-l coming in the near future?
spacer.gif
Staff (Administrator)

1/19/2011 12:00:15 AM Yes, there will be an XM-L based SC600. It's a little bit bigger than the SC60 but still smaller than other XM-L lights. Scheduled release: March 2011.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also keep an eye out for a slightly updated/tweaked SC60 that is still sporting an XP-G but is slightly harder driven for somewhere around 400lms with slightly less runtime than the current SC60 (possibly 1.5hrs on max). All the Zebralight fans should put aside some money for next month for the SC600 and SC60+, I have and I'm ready.

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to keep an eye on this thread...SC600 would be sweet!

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know that the XP-G can be driven much harder. I measure 1.35 amp at the tailcap of my SC60. 1.5 amp is supposed to be the max for the XP-G, right? That wouldn't get you much more lumens if that's the case.

Give me a 1x18650 *NEUTRAL* XM-L Zebralight! ....yep, I'm all over that!

Last edited:

srfreddy

Enlightened
Neutral already exists... but anyways, what if they managed to fit 2 XPG's into one reflector? That Would be Sick.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting for the SC51 to sport a XM-L.

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread...SC600 would be sweet!

+1 to both! I'd love to see what kind of flood a ZL would make with an XML in it... I'd prefer it be in the smaller SC5x form factor, but if I have to go up to the larger size, I'd be willing to do that.

Last edited:

Kalsu

Enlightened
I just got a reply from ZEBRALight in regards to the SC600

Subject: SC600

The SC600 will be released in late April.

Sincerely,

Lillian Xu
ZebraLight, Inc.
8320 Sterling Street
Irving, TX 75063

So a little while longer it seems...........

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not surprising... not that it's a fault or anything. In the emails I've sent to and received from them asking about new products, Lillian indicated they are very picky about the tint of the emitters they use, and go to great lengths to ensure a lot of consistency in them, so they are willing to wait to get enough of the tint they want before they go into production. All the neutral ZL's I've got are all in the 4,000 - 4,500 K range, and that's my favorite color temp. So I'm happy to wait another month before it comes out if it means they're trying to get the same color temp as their other models. It will also give me more time to save up some extra scratch to buy one too! :D

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will probably come out next week since I ordered an SC60w Wed without knowing about this. I'm pretty happy with the runtimes and lumen output as is though so more lumens but less runtime doesn't really appeal to me as much as same lumen more runtime, or more lumens same runtime.

Kalsu

Enlightened
It will probably come out next week since I ordered an SC60w Wed without knowing about this. I'm pretty happy with the runtimes and lumen output as is though so more lumens but less runtime doesn't really appeal to me as much as same lumen more runtime, or more lumens same runtime.

I also just ordered an SC60w yesterday. So yes I believe that they will come out the same day my SC60w arrives in the mail. I will probably hold out for the SC600w. That would be sweet.

lebox97

Enlightened
Tail cap measurements is pretty much waste of time - it doesn't tell much about LED amps (we don't know what emitter Vf is?) or efficiency of circuit?

BTW XP-G R5 spec 1.5A max at Emitter gives approx 490-500 emitter lumens.
1.2A at Emitter gives approx 390-400 emitter lumens.
(deduct 20% SWAG for conversion to OTF)

as pointed out - higher output means shorter runtimes (and more heat) - so gotta decide what you need more of.

Cheers
Tod

I don't know that the XP-G can be driven much harder. I measure 1.35 amp at the tailcap of my SC60. 1.5 amp is supposed to be the max for the XP-G, right? That wouldn't get you much more lumens if that's the case.

Give me a 1x18650 *NEUTRAL* XM-L Zebralight! ....yep, I'm all over that!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, Wade,

Let us know how your lights are when you get them... I'd love to have one too but I gotta pay down my CC a bit before the wife kills me...

In all honesty, the SC50w+ I have does pretty much everything I need in an EDC light, and I love the small size. The only reason I want an SC60w is because, well, I want one... :D

HIDblue

Enlightened
I wonder if they're going to put the XM-L in the rest of the ZL line (SC51, H51, etc.)? If that's the case, I'll just sit back and wait...:popcorn:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I was told their not even going to put it in the SC60 because of the size of the XM-L and relative small reflector so I don't see it happening in the SC51's at all, my guess the next step will be the XP-G S2 but who knows for sure.

I would like to the XM-L in the H501 though, I don't see why not since their is no reflector.

srfreddy

Enlightened
From what I was told their not even going to put it in the SC60 because of the size of the XM-L and relative small reflector so I don't see it happening in the SC51's at all, my guess the next step will be the XP-G S2 but who knows for sure.

I would like to the XM-L in the H501 though, I don't see why not since their is no reflector.

Lens-the lens in the H501 was specifically designed for the current LED. S2's have a ton of tint variation right now.