Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST thoughts

Z

z_tjmcmahon

I started my small collection of lights in August after finding this brutally addictive website. I read as many reviews as I can and try to only buy lights that have generally positive reviews. Anyways so far to list a few, I have a Quark Turbo 123, Turbo Titanium, AA Regular. Zebralight SC60, Surefire L4, E1B, 6PX. I list them for comparison purposes. The other day I bought a Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST from another member in the marketplace. (Which may be the end of me btw.)

Anways, a few thoughts.

I was somewhat skeptical about the light as I had seen a few negative reviews. Its an older light, 2008ish and from what I can tell has an R2 bin with cool blueish tint and runs about 225 lumens. I think.

The beam quality is excellent. No rings and no artifacts even up very close. All of my other lights show at least a shadow in the middle of the beam if you look close enough. This one does not however. Shape wise its a bit of a tweener beam. The throw is pretty good but nothing wild, and it spreads its beam out ok close up but it certainly isn't very floody.

The finish of the light is tremendous. It's almost too smooth but the anodizing does provide enough grip. The light basically looks perfectly round, but around the head there are very minor flat sides so it won't roll around. My gf frequently comments on how 'nice' the light looks. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Its dark gray color is perfectly complimented by the thick red o-rings in the head and tail. They are substantial. The head and tailcap thread on in a buttery smoothness and remain very tight with no signs of wiggle or play.

The reverse clicky and interface is genius IMO. The lack of the temporary forward on mode isn't all that important to me. The light has 3 modes, accessed by light clicking or hard clicking the switch within 2 seconds. You can change any mode you want very easily. Simply go to the mode so the light is on and shining, and soft click 3 quick times. The light will go to its lowest lumen setting, and then start ramping upwards towards full brightness. At half way, it blinks twice, and full brightness it blinks 3 times. The ramping process takes about 8 seconds. When its on the mode you want you just click the switch and it is set. I have it so when I click the switch the light turns on in low mode, (probably around 1-2 lumens. Soft touch (or hard click) and it goes to medium. Click one more time and it goes to full high/turbo. Similar to the Quark regulars. The feel of the click is very solid and its easily 'clickable' if you will. It can also tailstand with just the slightest wobble.

And best of all it runs on an 18650 for some pretty solid run times.

Even being a little outdated tech wise the light still holds its own without question with my other lights.

Maybe Ill get another JB.

rioimmagina

Enlightened
I totally agree with you, for me this light is underestimated...
Build and finish are top notch in my specimen, it put a lot of light (more than my r2 NEX), with throw and good beam pattern. I tested the ST reliability using it as bike flashlight during winter, with snow and off road path, in summer (very hot) as camping light... Never showed a problem, never failed!
imho a very good light!!:naughty:

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
+1 here too
I love mine... Jetbeam really has great quality... Its a little bigger than my regular 123 edc but i grab it alot...