Did something stupid!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need help. I just got in my Down Boy 700 to replace the circuit that I ruined in my KL1. Anyway, I got everything together and I don't know what I was thinking, but figured that I needed to pot it. I just didn't want it to be permanent because I wasn't sure if the Down Boy was going to work out, so I filled the circuit compartment of the KL1 with thermal compound.

I've been told by one of our more esteemed CPFers that I didn't need to do this and probably shouldn't have. Does anyone know if this will produce any negative impact in the future? How about getting it off of the circuit board? Is there any cleaning it off?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
You msy be up against it, depending on which type you used. Conventional Si based stuff can be the very devil to clean up. Solvents, acids, the lot don't work well. OTOH, aside from being messy, it won't hurt anything.

Doug Owen

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. I'll just leave it as it is, unless I decide to change something, but the Down Boy seems to perform well with a rechargeable. I think I'll keep it like this.