• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: The Led Torpedo: the longest throwing LED spotlight

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for sale is my crazy LED thrower: The Led Torpedo:
the longest throwing LED light ever seen on B/S/T.

Yes, it beats DEFT, it has a 4.5" super high optical quality AR coated Aspheric lens,
a SST-50 driven to 9 Amp on over 1/2 lb of Copper heat sink followed by Active cooling of a computer fun.

See my build thread here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/298347

It's bigger than DEFT & its in spot light format. The back side has wires running out side the body, I did so to allow the back cover to open via a latch for focus adjustment if necessary. This light gave my Maxa Beam a run for it's money in Normal Mode (50W short Arc mode).

If you are impressed by DEFT but want something with more throw,
this is your one only chance.

This light I just measured with my Extech EX30 lux meter at 290,000 lux @ 1 meter :eek:

Asking only $295, Runs on two AW IMR 26500, not included.

PP Gift: Shipping/Insurance $20 only. (This option need to send a separate 1 penny for making PP label).
PP Goods: Shipping/Insurance $20 + PP fee $12

LED Torpedo vs. DEFT
dscf8930.jpg

Left= DEFT; Right= LED Torpedo :eek:
dscf8936h.jpg

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: The Led Torpedo: the longest throwing LED spotlight

I always enjoy seeing your creative one of a kind builds. I never know what to expect.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

bumpty

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have listed the Torpedo on ebay with starting bid below my cost:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190519242132&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

One more thing:
This light will beat ALL of the Flashlight shaped HID flashlights in projection distance (Throw)
Those HID that looks like flashlight in shape, 24W, 35W, 38W, 50W, 55W etc., they are all using 3" reflector.
This light will beat the $2000 Polarion X1 in throw.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

5 days left

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow, only 2 days left in the ebay auction!

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Won the auction! :party:

For only $199, I kinda feel like a thief :eek:
I just can't believe nobody else wanted this baby...

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Won the auction! :party:

For only $199, I kinda feel like a thief :eek:
I just can't believe nobody else wanted this baby...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

That's what happens sometimes when I make stuff for my own interest only, it may or may not be commercially viable :ohgeez:.
But being able to sell the lights along the way has allowed me to move forward with the hobby w/o putting financial burdens to my family, for that I am deeply grateful to you as well as everyone else who have bought my lights!

Take it to a shoot out with guys who paid 2x as much for their "World's longest throwing led flashlight" and give them some spanking on the spot :whoopin:, they may quickly disqualify you though by stating "it's not a flashlight".

Sorry, I need to stop, I am getting too competitive, it's all in good fun though :grouphug:

Last edited:

Enlightened

Congrats to Benson. Actually another guy and I were checking this out. Wanted it, but still a wee bit out of our budget even for $199. Not wanting to low-ball so I passed.
I just might get a Dereelight DBS V3 X XR-E R2 soon, just as a small LED light but with good throw. Hey its a small light and will fit into the pocket, lugging along a 75W-100W HID 6-9" esp in the public is usually not feasible. :)
These crazy HIDs throw like crazy, but also spills like crazy so its really attention grabbing. Aspherics are stealthy. :) I went up to the roof garden to spot some low clouds at about 300-400m height (roof is 160m), you should have seen the crowd, its like as if I am using a 5W 445nm (which will get me arrested probably LOL!)

But if you want a non-laser light that shoots a beam like a laser for the "effect", something that makes it look like a white light laser, its either ma_sha's creation, DEFT, or short-arc. :) Or a commercial Skytracker!

Take it to a shoot out with guys who paid 2x as much for their "World's longest throwing led flashlight" and give them some spanking on the spot :whoopin:, they may quickly disqualify you though by stating "it's not a flashlight".

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Led Torpedo has been shipped, I'll surely miss it.

I still have my Frenken Mag Jr. though, just got it up to 221,000 lux the other day, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...uper-thrower-Lighthouse-beam-shot-vs.-35W-HID

Not in the league of the Torpedo, but it'll still beat Mozo HID & those ebay HIDs in throw.
This is not even EZ900 die yet, which could throw another 20% more.
But at 2.15Amp Jr.'s driving level, I am not sure Ez900 die will survive in this host.

Speaking of Short Arc, the Led Torpedo is the Cousin of the Mega Blaster Short Arc, which spanked my Maxa Beam silly. Led Torpedo & Mega Blaster share the same body :)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-arc-mod-MegaRay-style&highlight=mega+blaster

Last edited:

Enlightened

You are a good marketer ma_sha. I'll check those out man.

Talking about throw, this is a XM-L 40mm SMO @ 2.5A vs a 70mW (estimated/caculated) 532nm. Its a 300mW labelled greenie shipped from Manafont HK, but then I measured just over 0.4A for the 3.9V batt. There is a verified 350mW 532nm taking in about 2A. So this is really my best shot in guesstimation without a LPM. :)
http://www.pbase.com/weddings_events/image/133795252

The good thing about coherent light is that they are fully adjustable in focus till infinity. The 532 looks slightly brighter in real life due to retina cells spectral sensitivity to that WL, so the 40mm SMO XM-L @ 2.5A is just barely brighter.

Waiting for my 1.6W LPMed 445nm.

Last edited:

Enlightened

Ok too much info bro.... (1) How much (2) Take 18650s?

Edit - LOL, that is if you are selling....

Last edited: