TigerLight

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
TigerLight

My 8" TigerLight arrived today and it is on the charger. It did not power up at all. The one thing I am trying to figure out is how to tell if the the switch is on or off when the battery is dead. I thought it was off, but when I took it off the charger nothing. So I pushed the switch and charged for a while, but still nothing.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: TigerLight

That's strange. Both of mine arrived with pretty good charges, but I charged them for the recommended time anyway. Where did you get it? I noticed that Randy of Tigerlight posted on the "$85" thread saying that it might be the older style with the older lamp. You might check the filament on the lamp, or maybe if it's an older model, the charge is gone (maybe for good). I'm not as familiar with the workings of rechargeables, but I'm sure someone will chime in with a little help soon. Let us know how it works out.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine is charging as we speak. I had a problem positioning the light in the cradle but it has to fit just right before it charges. you'll know this when the red light on the cradle comes on.

You didn't say if the red light on your unit came on during the charge. Did it?

Marty

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

JAS..My light came with a slight charge. I took it off the cradle this morning (I don't like the cradle at all) after 12 hours and this light is the brightest of all of my lights.

I don't know where you bought it but Tigerlight has a lifetime guarantee. Why not get on the horn today and get it replaced?

Marty

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Those cradles really are the weakest point with these lights, IMO. I actually broke one of my cradles when removing the light. The bottom charging pin (one of the two) and the spring that holds it came flying out. I've also come pretty close to jacking up my hands when removing or replacing the light. Of course, I don't have mine mounted to the wall or anything. I called Eric at Tigerlight (435) 657-9529, and he said they were sending me the free replacement. Real nice guy; I would suggest contacting them about a replacement if you can't get yours up and working.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yikes..I've been walking around the house tonight with all of the lights off and my TL in hand.

This thing is awesome! I never really wanted a rechargable light since I rather have the option of fresh batteries versus long charging but I'm convinced that this light is worth every cent.

JAS, once you get your TL situation worked out, you will be very pleased, believe me.

Marty

Mongo

Newly Enlightened

Randy,
Is the cradle an issue a concern with the Tigerlight? I have my two lights on the way, and want to know what to expect.

James Van Artsdalen

Enlightened

Originally posted by Mongo:
Randy,
Is the cradle an issue a concern with the Tigerlight? I have my two lights on the way, and want to know what to expect.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It takes more force than you might expect to get the light to snap into the cradle. It's something Randy ought to look into reducing but it's not a problem.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Guys, don't snap it in by placing the light over
the cradle arms and pushing straight down. Start by
having the TL forward of the arms and pushing back and down till it snaps in. I found it much easier
that way. HOT DAMN WHAT A LIGHT!!!
Scott

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I love mine more and more with every passing night! :)

Albany Tom

Enlightened

Well, mine came this morning. This is a bright light. I wouldn't call it a pretty light, but to me it's more attractive than an ultra stinger. Except for the gold thing, it isn't designed to impress anyone on the grounds of fit or finish. It's nice, but it isn't built like a fine Swiss watch. It's kinda built like a hammer.

Anyway, it's hotspot is brighter than either a UK SL6, or a magcharger on tightest focus by a good margin. The hotspot is wider than either of these, too. There is also a "wide" part of the beam, that's brighter than a legend LX set to widest focus. The Tigerlight is noticeably brighter than the beams of the Legend LX at wide and the UK SL6 combined, at both wide and center of beam. There aren't any dark areas.

It seems like this light was designed for optimal use at around 25-50 yards, because within that range you're going to see everything. At close distances the hotspot is pretty small, but the wide part of the beam is so bright it doesn't matter much.

I really like the light. It feels lighter than a magcharger, and the grip area, to me, is much better. It's textured non-slip without being sharp.

Oh, and I found a use for the gold ring. It sometimes keeps people that know a little bit about flashlights from saying "oh, you got a mag- lite"
smile.gif
The ring bugged me until I turned it on. Now it reminds me of the little bulldog they put on top of Mack trucks.

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened

The Tension on the charger is so that the TigerlIght can be mounted in a police vehicle in any position without falling out. You will notice that a light with a similar charger that is a little longer and is often compaired to the TL will fall out of the charger when inverted.

It is actually easy to place the light in the charger once you get used to it. The TigerLight is mounted in Hummers with the US SF in desert warfare, we can't have them falling out of the charger in the heat of battle and rolling around on the floor board. The TigerLight is a weapon, somebody compared it to Dirty Harry instead of James Bond, that was great.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Good point Randy. I would rather have it tight and secure as opposed to rattling or falling out, and it does get easier with a little practice. You've got a winner on your hands, thanks for a great light!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

we're not special forces and the charger is tough for civilians. is there any possibility of getting a civilian model? or maybe offering springs with a little less tension?

Viper

Newly Enlightened

Another civilian issue... for me anyway.

Be careful mounting this onto a wall. Because of the interstion force required, you you really need to screw the cradle right into a stud, or it will rip out of the drywall after a few uses. I know this first hand!

I had to re-install it by running both screws into a single stud, which causes my light to be horizontally oriented. Not really a problem, it just looks funny.

It is my most used light however.

Viper

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm sure Randy does'nt have anything to do, besides
read our complaints I mean,
I don't see why he could'nt make a few cradles
with ball point pen springs for the NON-SF types
here.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I really don't understand the fuss over the charger spring tension. What exactly is the problem? I have the Tigerlight and the US and it requires more effort to insert the Tigerlight than the US. So what?

I'm by no means a strong person, but I honestly don't see this as an issue.

Brightnorm