Anyone compared a TK35 with a Eagletac Triple xml ??

indy

Newly Enlightened
I keep hearing about the ET triple xml but can't find any useful beamshots. I see alot of folks giving high marks to the TK35, which I am holding off buying until I can see what kind of performance it has against the ET. Hard to believe the ET has been out for weeks now and no comparison shots. A selfbuilt review is in order........

indy

Newly Enlightened
yep saw that one. sort of what I was talking about when I said "can't find any useful beamshots". I really wish our European friend reviewing lights on youtube would go a one step further than shining lights at a target less than 3 feet away. his reviews, while well intended are almost useless. not that I should criticize since I've never posted a vid

pageyjim

Enlightened
Yeah you really hit the nail on the head there. But, if we were to use that as the only comparison, being three feet away for about two seconds did it appear to you that the TK 35 and triple XML were about the same brightness with the TK 35 having a slightly tighter hotspot?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Triple XML is almost pure flood. Fenix is a mix of flood and throw. The single XML Eagletac M2 would be a closer comparison to the Fenix. If you want all flood the Triple is probably a better choice. If you prefer a green tint (as I've read some hunters do - not being sarcastic) Fenix would be the one to choose.

pageyjim

Enlightened
Received my triple XML today. It is the middle of the day but so far I'm impressed lol. Easy one hand operation that seems stepless almost. Seems smaller than what I expected which is nice. Can't compare it to the TK 35 but I do have the BC 40. My battery situation is compromised today for a more accurate comparison. Tried to get Eagletac to sell me a single xml head but no luck so far. That would be a nice package I think.

I wish I could turn the ring a little more to make it a little brighter, for just three minutes even.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm very interested to see what you think in the dark. I'd be curious to see beamshots vs the TK45 and other flooders. The real trick would be a switch to go from flood to throw in ONE flashlight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

indy

Newly Enlightened
yes please shoot some comparison shots of the RT and BC40. I've seen several comparison shots of the BC40 and TK35 and they seem to have almost identical output. I'm thinking about buying a BC40 since I can buy 2 for the price of a single ET triple. I'm looking for a floody light and have been anxiously awaiting some beamshots to help me decide if the $100 difference is worth it.

pageyjim

Enlightened
yes please shoot some comparison shots of the RT and BC40. I've seen several comparison shots of the BC40 and TK35 and they seem to have almost identical output. I'm thinking about buying a BC40 since I can buy 2 for the price of a single ET triple. I'm looking for a floody light and have been anxiously awaiting some beamshots to help me decide if the $100 difference is worth it.

I don't have a camera to post beamshots but if styling, different levels of outputs and possibly run times are not an issue the BC 40 is hard to beat. The ET has a slightly wider beam angle. Throw they are very close, with the BC 40 with a possible slight edge. There is also talk of a smooth reflector version for the BC 40. (One or two posts somewhere.)The BC 40 I don't believe is made to be modded but I would think it is possible if parts are made available. I am pleased with the beams on both.

Last edited: