HDS Rotary With A SF Diffuser In Place Of The Reflector?

Doug

Enlightened
I noticed that the reflector is removable on the HDS Rotary, making for a VERY wide flood light. Now, I don't see myself going out into the elements with it like this, but I know the SF diffuser fits on the HDS/Novatac lights, and if I could find mine, I would try it, but, I am curious, how does this combo work for a good flood light?

Nero

Newly Enlightened
Excellent! so you just have to look harder for the diffuser..:thumbsup:

RobME

Newly Enlightened
The F04 diffuser works a trick on the HDS. No need to remove the reflector (which does make it a very wide flood).

mrlysle

Enlightened
The F04 diffuser is the cat's meow on the HDS lights. I love mine and after I got it, I bought 2 more for backups in case something drastic happened.(like if they ever quit making them!) They serve the added bonus of protecting the bezel from drops, etc, and they make it anti-roll on your desk or table! Great accessory IMO.

Doug

Enlightened
Ok.... I tried this.... I found my red SF diffuser, removed the reflector on the HDS Rotary, put the diffuser on, pointed toward the ground, about 6" above the ground, measured the diameter of the beam, it was about 12"-13" wide at that height, next I put the reflector back on and put the light about 6" above the ground, and the beam width was about 1/2 the diameter!. I was using a knife that I believe is 6" in length, since my tape measure disappeared earlier today.... But what a surprising result!

I had this thought.... if the reflector was held in by neodymium magnets, so you can remove it easily, and if someone made a complete flood reflector (or basically, just a bezel with a piece of glass in it, to allow max width of the beam), that would be a great combo!

Ok, you custom guys, make us a replacement bezel/reflector to swap in when we want max flood out of our HDS Rotarys!