Fenix headlamp is good but its no Zebralight.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Just got the newest Fenix headlamp in. The HP20. Its actually quite awesome. Its got a fantastic throw/hotspot to it and a fairly decent spill. However, compared to my H60w, it falls well short as a hiking and up close work light. The ZL is just perfect with a simple one strap head band and no wires.

My ZL bit the dust a few nights ago and that is why I ordered the Fenix. I decided last night to give something a try and emailed ZL about my light failure. They stated that they will repair the light for me if I send it airmail. Thats great to some degree but does anyone know what I'm looking to expect cost wise to send this thing "regular airmail"?

I assume you just go to the post office to do so? Can't say I've ever had to do this.

If its TOO expensive, I'll have to very sadly pass. If not too bad, then I'm going for it. I just don't want to drop the H60 if I can help it.

I know several people on here have sent ZL lights back so I was hoping someone could give me a guesstimate as to what it will cost me.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude you are giving up waaay too easy. Send it back in a priority mail flat rate box, which is air mail. I think they are now, what, $5.20? Hey, I will PAY you twice that to send it to me, and I'll deal with the hassle of your H60w return...! LOL!

Last edited:

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I don't mean to sound like I'm giving up.

I have a bit of a defeatest attitude right now due to major issues on the homefront. Money is also super tight at the moment so I'm trying to be cautious.

I bought two new lights anew a knife on Saturday. Sunday, due to the stupid levels of rain we have had, the hill behind our house began sliding. This began taking our deck with it and was inching toward the house.

Anyway, been dealing with that so just overly pessimistic about everything I guess. My bad.

I'll run by the post office Monday and see what they say. I just assumed that sending it to China was gonna be pricey.

Sent via my HTC Incredible using TapaTalk.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right, I remember the hillside issue. That would weigh a person down. Sorry about that.

I missed that you were sending to China, that's a different kettle of fish. I thought it was going back to Texas. Actually I don't know shipping to China. USPS.com is telling me $30.

Sorry...MY bad. Just the same, I'd spend $30 to fix an H60w, they're not exactly easy to find anymore...the ones up at CPFMarketplace are sort of an unusual occurrence.

Last edited:

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
You bring up something I'm confused about. Zebralight's website says American Owned and Operated. Then I question why I have to airmail something to China to be repaired. I have a lot of stuff here in the house that was made in China but if I had to have it repaired I wouldn't be sending it back there.

My car was made it Japan but I didn't have to send it there two weeks ago to have the shop work on it.

I dunno. I'll probably end up paying whatever it takes just because I love the light that much but it still sucks.

carrot

Flashaholic
You bring up something I'm confused about. Zebralight's website says American Owned and Operated. Then I question why I have to airmail something to China to be repaired. I have a lot of stuff here in the house that was made in China but if I had to have it repaired I wouldn't be sending it back there.
This is the same case with 4sevens: it is American owned and operated but manufacture in China.

4sevens has a staff of Americans getting paid full wages to do everything except actually manufacture the lights. Unlike Zebralight, if you need warranty repair, you will send them the light in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, and they will decide whether they can fix it there or whether THEY need to send it back to the factory in China. It's just too bad that 4sevens doesn't make headlamps.

So by comparison, Zebralight has abysmal customer service. I hope they resolve your problems satisfactorily.

Last edited:

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Just got off the phone with the post office. They are stating that shipping to China (based on a rounded up 40 grams of weight from ZL's claim of 33 grams) will cost me $2.59. I'll just assume with my luck that something will go wrong and it will be $3.00. Now, hopefully when I send it out tomorrow, it doesn't get lost en route or wind up taking 6 months to get back to me.

electrothump

Enlightened
Hope I don't step on too many toes, but this comment is in response to the title of this thread, ,, I can quickly say that zebralight is good, but it's no H7.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Upon further use of my new Fenix... Wow, do I ever miss my Zebralight.

Sent via HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.