EagleTac P20C2 MKII XP-G S2 vs. ArmyTech Predator G109

redheelerdog

Newly Enlightened
Didn't want to hijack yovwmon's thread, so…

I too am looking seriously at purchasing this flashlight…EagleTac-P20C2-MKII

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...c-P20C2-MKII-XP-G-S2-500-Lumen-LED-Flashlight

I also was reading the ArmyTech Predator G109 reviews.

Both these lights use the Cree XP-G source.

I am interested in a little more throw than the stock EagleTac EagleTac P20C2 MKII provides.

Mentioned in the other thread if I read correctly, can the orange peel reflector be changed out to a smooth type reflector and maybe get closer to the ArmyTech Predator throw distance?

You can darn near buy 2 EagleTac's for the price of 1 ArmyTech (and they have the same Cree XP-G source) - I do not have a preference for one or the other - just an observation.

I would be interested in others opinions of the EagleTac P20C2 MKII XP-G S2 vs. ArmyTech Predator G109 in regards to throw distance.

TIA :)

-redheelerdog

Montana

pageyjim

Enlightened
The Eagletac has removable-replaceable pills that are comprised of the emitter and reflector. For best throw on the T20C2 use an XRE-R2 pill, with a LOP, light orange peel reflector. How it compares directly to the Predator I don't know. The link below will probably be able to answer that question since they sell both lights.

http://www.illuminationgear.com/14322/26992.html
Halfway down the different pills are listed.

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Predator has roughly twice the throw of P20C2 MkII owing to Predator's larger and deeper reflector. Even with an XR-E drop-in the P20C2 MkII can't match the Predator's massive throw.

If you are looking for something that delivers just as much power for less cost than the Predator, Lumintop's TD-15 is a good choice. The Predator and TD-15 are neck-to-neck when it comes to raw output and throw. The Predator has an edge over TD-15 when it comes to customizability and moonlight mode, while TD-15 is slightly smaller, has the ability to tail-stand, and gives slightly more throw due to its tighter spot. The Predator has a larger spot and smaller spill, while TD-15 has a tighter spot and wider spill.

Check out the review of the Predator by selfbuilt here. It has comparison shots of the Predator and TD-15.