Malkoff in Surefire M951

3one5

Newly Enlightened
I've dug around but haven't found anything definite. Will the Malkoff M61 work in the Surefire M951 without modification? Are there better options out there for converting over to LED from incandescent?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome 315! First answer: No. The LU60 Collar/Adapter need to be bored to accept a Malkoff. Your two easiest options are 1) Get a drop-in that will fit in the LU60 collar (where the P60 sits), or 2) Get a dedicated bezel, such as the KX4. Also, if you get a high powered drop-in (One that generates alt heat), you may want to switch out your bezels, as the factory bezel on the M951/M952 (the "Z48") traps more heat than it dissipates, and this can be a problem with A) Cooking the LED, or B) Melting the thermal compound (glue) holding stuff together, and then your drop-in fall apart on the next shot.

The Z44 Bezel (seen on the C2/6P, etc.), is much better at drawing the heat away from the Drop-in.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome! (Oh, check out my digram in my sig for some ideas of what can/can't go together, if it'll help).