Good batteries for Quark AA2 Tactical Flash light?

TheMelonPopper

Newly Enlightened
Hey, i just got this light and love it. I wanted to know what batteries would give me the best output of lumens, and such. Also I have a quark mini aa coming and what should i get for that light.
The AA2 tactical is an r5 model, and i dont remember what model the mini is. Thanks

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Value for money, Sanyo Eneloop is the best. Forget alkaline since it does not provide enough power to run high powered lights for a prolonged period. Also, poorly manufactured alkalines have a tendency to leak which I am sure you would want to avoid. You might want to purchase a couple of Energizer AA lithium (L91) for standby in case the Eneloop runs dry.

As for MiNi AA, the same applies although if you are courageous and adventurous enough you might want to try running it on 14500 Li-Ion rechargeable for more output. Do note that running Li-Ion on your MiNi AA would cause it to get too hot which would damage the LED module within so you might want to run it on low or medium output and reserving high only for a burst of few seconds each time. Running Li-Ion in the MiNi AA also voids your warranty.

I don't run Li-Ion in the MiNi AA since I have a tendency to lend others the MiNi and I wouldn't want them to run it on high for too long with a Li-Ion inside.

Last edited:

flame2000

Enlightened
Get these 2500mAh Eneloop if you want the best LSD batteries!

Sanyo-Harmolattice-Eneloop-2500.jpg

d6d3127858.jpg

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also get what are referred to by members here as 'duraloops'; they are LSD batteries made by Sanyo, just the same as eneloops, but they have a Duracell label on them. You can identify them by the white ring at the top around the positive pole on the top.

Another option is the Energizer Ultimate lithium disposable batteries (we refer to them by their product no., L91); they have the advantages of being about half the weight of a nimh or li-ion rechargeable, and have a very high energy density, about 3000 mah per cell, which is 50% again the energy density in an eneloop.

Edit: I use duraloops in all my AA based lights (my local Home Despot carries them), and L91's for my headlamps and backup and emergency prep stock/use.

Last edited:

PCS

Newly Enlightened
You can also get what are referred to by members here as 'duraloops'; they are LSD batteries made by Sanyo, just the same as eneloops, but they have a Duracell label on them. You can identify them by the white ring at the top around the positive pole on the top.
They will also be marked as "made in Japan" as opposed to China.

Note the white tops on the Sanyo Eneloop and the "Duracell Pre Charge (made in Japan)" -- aka "Duraloop".

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks PCS, that is some cool information to have. BRO