Where to get Xenon 3.6V bi-pin bulbs?

fields_mj

Newly Enlightened
Is there anywhere other than Streamlight that I can purchase a 3.6V bi-pin Xenon bulb? I'm looking for one that's more than 6 Watts for my Scorpion and TL-2. The only one's that I've found so far are for a Strion and they are a 6 Watt bulb that puts out 85 Lum. I'm trying to find something a little brighter, probably in the 8 Watt range. I'd like to get over 100 Lum out of the light with a 17670 battery.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anywhere other than Streamlight that I can purchase a 3.6V bi-pin Xenon bulb? I'm looking for one that's more than 6 Watts for my Scorpion and TL-2. The only one's that I've found so far are for a Strion and they are a 6 Watt bulb that puts out 85 Lum. I'm trying to find something a little brighter, probably in the 8 Watt range. I'd like to get over 100 Lum out of the light with a 17670 battery.

Thanks,
Mark

Strion bulb is brightest bi-pin bulb I ever seen and rated 116 lumens which can be used with single IMR 18650 in bored out TL-2 and will produce over 120 lumens.
Carley used to have some 8 watts bulb with tiny wire terminals which is not good choice to use as bi-pin bulb.
By the way you won't even notice of little extra brightness of 8 watt bulb versa 6 watt.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience a 3.6V is not a great incan bulb to use. I totally avoid them myself. I'd move up to at least a 6 volt (or 9 volt rated bulb for rechargeables). And as FM mentioned, there isn't a lot of difference between those two. There is an improvement as you go upwards in voltage, but it comes with drawbacks as well. But there seems to be a big jump in efficiency from the 3.6V to the higher voltage bulbs. This is the main reason why I wish Surefire had made a higher voltage version of their A2 Aviator.

fields_mj

Newly Enlightened
I had found the Lith-Ion/incan reference, or links to it anyway, several times already, but I always got a server error when I tried to follow the links. Last night I finally noticed the actual OP and I read through most of the first page. Now this is all making a LOT more sence. Now, all that I can say is thank you very much for your patience with me! Especially fivemega since he's told me the same exact thing 3 or 4 different times now and I have kept asking the same question over and over on different threads. Sorry about that, now I get it.

The 3.7V Strion has been recommended to me several times by several people, so I'm going to at least try it and see how it compairs. Since I have 2 lights, I can do a side by side comparison with them and see what I think of them. I suppose I could then take the 9V bulb out of my TL-3 and try it for comparison also, but at this point I'm thinking that I'll end up using either the 3.7 or 6V bulb. Most likely, if the difference is minimal, I'll leave at least one of the lights with a 6V bulb since I already have them. Looks like I'm going to end up needing to get one of those little organizers to keep track of everything.... LOL. I won't really have any use for any of these lights until October so at least I have a little time to set some $$ back for the batteries and such.

Thanks again,
Mark