Deja Vu.....which ONE flashlight for the APOCALYPSE!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

It's Deja Vu all over again! Which ONE flashlight do you want on hand for (if not the Apocalypse) then perhaps a serious long term survival situation. I originally had posted this question/thread before the CPF crash and it was chock full of excellent, well thought out responses. I hope it's as good the second time around.

Regards,
SixCats!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is a nuclear, impact or volcanic winter in this apocalypse. The solar power will do you no good:devil: When i think of it, i'd rahter have a working dynamo (from a car ect) and a stream with good current. Making your own "12V power plant" with simple tools might not be that hard .
The time of the year when i REALLY need a flashlight, is under the polar darkness. So solar power is not that good up here. The Rivers will freeze during the long and dark winter, so my "12V power plant" wont work that good as well. (unless i got loads of batteries that i can recharge during summer:thinking: ) Guess fire on a stick is the best option for me, keeps me warm and light my path :laughing:

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zombie thread , APOCALYPSE and others , where is the "No Air" thread !
There are lots of them in the dive lightning section:devil:

I dont know if the emp will pop the led itself. There are lots of threads about emp + led, but no one with a clear conclusion.

HooNz

Enlightened
There are lots of them in the dive lightning section:devil:

I dont know if the emp will pop the led itself. There are lots of threads about emp + led, but no one with a clear conclusion.

LOL , but only for a hour or so , battery run-time outlives the user :).

A led is a diode , with a defined reverse and forward voltage tolerance , i dunno what a EMP would be capable of , but more that likely Kilovolts for a brief period , ic makers spend big bucks on trying to EMP proofing on critical mission devices .

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably a flint. I have this one, and it's great: http://countycomm.com/FIRESTARTER.htm

Doesn't really count as a flashlight I guess. If I had a flashlight too, it would probably be one of those LED lights that you power by shaking it. While volcanic ash prevents everyone else from using their solar lights, I'll have light as long as have an arm.