A Very Cool Thing Happened to Me & My S12 at Work Today

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened
Today at work we had a power outage. I work in sort of a dispatch center where we handle emergency calls and that kind of thing, so we can't leave the room just because it's pitch black. And since it's a dispatch center, no windows, so the only light is from the computer monitors running on the room-filling UPS.

All of my guys broke out the stock plastic 2-D cell flashlights that had been in their desks for years and produced a feeble yellow glow.

I happened to have my new S12 Copper in my backpack, so after it became apparent the power wasn't going to come right back on, I broke it out and in low mode, pointed it up at the ceiling for some room flood. The guys all came around and said, "wow, now that's a flashlight!" and stuff like that. You know I was loving that! :)

So I said, "oh, you think that's good, you haven't seen anything yet!"

So I turned the tail off and back on to bring the S12 into all of its 800 lumen glory and, get-this, at the same exact micro-second that the light came on, the power came back on and the room lights came on. The timing was so absolutely perfect that even I was fooled for a split second. Our eyes had all adapted to the dark, so it was kind of blinding when it happened, which made it all the more impressive. We were all stunned and flabbergasted for a second, and then realized what had happened.

Then I was even more commended for having perfect timing or Jedi powers. :D

What a great Flashaholic moment! I just had to share! :grin2:

Cheers!

GR

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
"WOW! This thing's so bright, it looks as if the power came back on! Hey waittaminit.... "

:D

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! now THAT'S a flashlight!!!!

I had something similar happen to me recently. Was at a client's site and the power went down for quite a while. We where about to leave, but the supervisor wanted us to make sure everything we fixed was still working before we left. At one point, we're sitting in an office with 4-5 other people and I just turned on my M7R pointing at the ceiling. Everyone present thought the power came back on. In my case, the power didn't come back on before we left, though.