my poor person flashlight collection

raggie33

*the raggedier*
from left to right energizer trail finder led,,,maglight aa
came with 3 extra bulbs and caryy pouch....4 dorcy aa lights....3 white led headlamp that can be used as handheld to total investment 52 bucks.i hope someday i can add some arcs to it.but this is what i got now other then the ones in car i was to lazyy to get lol
leds.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o lol the mag light is purple didnt show up as purple i got it cause it was purple lol

beamer

Newly Enlightened
Hey Raggie33,

We all have to have some kind of base to build upon.When I first caught the bug,I went hogwild and bought more than I could really afford.I've since calmed down some.BTW how are those Dorcy's?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie-better get to one of those twelve step meetings while there's still time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Somewhere over the count of a dozen lights, the addiction to buy lights gets a lot worse and it might be too late to protect the contents of any savings accounts you might have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
beamer said:
Hey Raggie33,

We all have to have some kind of base to build upon.When I first caught the bug,I went hogwild and bought more than I could really afford.I've since calmed down some.BTW how are those Dorcy's?

[/ QUOTE ]i love the dorcys there by far my fav.going to go to the other walmarts n get a few more.i mean there like 5.94 super bright for around 7 hours on on aaa battery, and i tryied to break one just to see how strong it was and it still works didnt try to dunk it in water yet.the 3 led light aint bad either for 7 bucks and change the maglight. has the worst looking beam ive ever seen i bought it cause it was purple and cheap

onelight

Enlightened
Looks like a good start to me.Now you need a bb400 or madmax to fix the mini-mag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
onelight said:
Looks like a good start to me.Now you need a bb400 or madmax to fix the mini-mag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl i need something for that mag.that has to be the worst color beam ive ever seen.i thought the batts was dead so put in some other one still awefull

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
onelight said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. I bet it will be one of your favorites with a sandwich in it. Beautiful beam.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep, looks like a good start to me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice collection that you got there

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
TheBeam said:
Hey Raggie, I think you should throw one of these dorcy's in the fishpond.

[/ QUOTE ]lol i want to but im afraid i know they cant be perfect.....o well ill do it tonight if not fish pond it will be water

Cougar_Allen

Newly Enlightened
Raggie, is that 3 led clip light the NightBlaster that's selling for $7.47 at Walmart? How does it compare to the Dorcy 1 led? Is the beam any brighter or wider or smoother?

That swivel clip looks useful, but I'm thinking if all I'd get for the extra bulk is runtime, I'd rather put a clip on the Dorcy. On the other hand, if it's at all brighter or smoother, the price certainly isn't any deterrent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Cougar :{)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
my .02 about the collection:
- it is more impressive than mine when I started, m yfirst lights were only LedLenser V8's ...
- sooner than later you will end up like most of us: more lights and much less money ... just a question of time.
- the real fun is the evolving of a hobby/collection. IMHO it would spoil the fun to start with the biggest baddest lights or even some HIDs, you wouldn't have much to look forward to. the craving and slow progress is a very important part in it, at least for me.
it took me one full year untill I finally could lay my hands on a HID light, and this year was great, my lights getting better and better all the time, each new one being a great pleasure until replaced by something even better.

enjoy!!!!

bernhard

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Cougar_Allen said:
Raggie, is that 3 led clip light the NightBlaster that's selling for $7.47 at Walmart? How does it compare to the Dorcy 1 led? Is the beam any brighter or wider or smoother?

That swivel clip looks useful, but I'm thinking if all I'd get for the extra bulk is runtime, I'd rather put a clip on the Dorcy. On the other hand, if it's at all brighter or smoother, the price certainly isn't any deterrent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Cougar :{)

[/ QUOTE ]yes thats the light the one at local walmart had red leds i dont like that so i drove to albama i live on the border it only had red to then i drove to newnen walmart n saw 2 lights like mine with 3 leds and the brand ya said .when it gets dark ill do a beam compasion with the dorcy.last night it looked maybe a tad brighter but they claim 100 hour runtume i doubt that it can run that long on batts

Cougar_Allen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Raggie.

I can suck air through the tailcap of my Dorcy like a straw, too. I figure the way to waterproof it is to put a balloon over the tailcap (but only because they don't make condoms that small).

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cougar Allen,
They DO make condoms that small, I have a package cuz I need that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif My biggest problem is my local Wally World does not have that light yet... just want to put a red Luxeon in it for night vision use.
You could cut the thumb off a latex glove to seal the Dorcy...

C

CountyComm

Raggie Send me your address I will send you one light more for your collection ...How's that.....Nick from County Comm I think you will like it....

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your collection is better than what I started with, be proud of it.

Way back, when I had to walk 10 miles to school, through the snow, uphill both ways...All I had were these twin packs of two red plastic Eveready flashlights that came with four regular (not alkaline) D-cells cost was $2.99 for the pack. That was two hours of wages. Heck the best you could get were these all 3 D-cell all metal lights with a red button for flashing the beam and a folding metal loop on the end.

GregR