Just got my 123 Turbo X/Quick review

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Just got a 123^2 Turbo X direct from 4sevens. Its a lot smaller than I thought it would be even with the big head and it fits in my hand great. The beam shape is great for a smooth reflector and I like the big hot spot but it still throws. Most throwers have a smaller hot spot and I wanted a light that could light up a larger area but still throw and this is about perfect for that. At first I didn't think it was as bright as I thought it would be but its a lot brighter than my other lights. The pocket clip is basically worthless in the stock configuration because the opening to slip on to your pocket goes right up to the fins on the turbo head and doesn't leave any room and it isn't reversable unless you rotate the body 180 and put the tail cap and head back on then it works fine but it needs to be tightened really tight for the light to work and I'm wondering if its waterproof like this? The nice included holster is what I have been using and makes up for the clip mostly.

My main problem with the light I got is the tint around the hot spot and that it came with a chip in the anno on the head and on the flush turbo tail cap I ordered. On turbo and high the center hot spot is nice and white but it fades to a yellowish green color that looks like a pee stain or similar to the color of scorched paper. This tint is very obvious, no white wall hunting, I noticed it walking around at dusk in my front yard and in my car. On medium this tint sorta of goes away but then on moonlight and low its all green coming out of the thing. Should I try and return it? I have heard that 4sevens refuses to check tints for you, and even though it is bound to get chips I don't think it should ship with them.

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
Personally I would say return it and inform 4Sevens of your problems with the lights including the chip but I don't know how much it may cost you to ship it back. They may send you a replacement and the problem may be fixed or not. But you can always ask for your money back.

I was interested myself in the 123 Turbo X but I haven't seen if locally in the UK yet. I'll probably hold off until the problems are fixed.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main problem with the light I got is the tint around the hot spot and that it came with a chip in the anno on the head and on the flush turbo tail cap I ordered. On turbo and high the center hot spot is nice and white but it fades to a yellowish green color that looks like a pee stain or similar to the color of scorched paper. This tint is very obvious, no white wall hunting, I noticed it walking around at dusk in my front yard and in my car. On medium this tint sorta of goes away but then on moonlight and low its all green coming out of the thing. Should I try and return it?

As we discussed on another thread, I share your pain with the Turbo X tint:

http://http://www.candlepowerforums...throw-better&p=3683122&viewfull=1#post3683122

Trevor said there was nothing wrong with the light or the beam and offered a refund. I wonder how many of these lights have the lousy tint? It's a great light otherwise so I didn't take the refund. I would have never sent the light back to 47's in the first place but David said he wanted to take pictures of the beam that I had complained about on the CPF Marketplace.

I really like to pack at least one powerful light when I travel and Turbo X is a great size for that, I'm in Japan at the moment waiting for the next aftershock. Instead of the Turbo X, this time I've got a Surefire C2 HA with a Nailbender XM-L dropin.