RRT-0 S2 .003 lumen runtime?

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
I see on the website they give the runtime for 3 lumen not .003 lumen. Is this a typo or did they select the wrong runtime?

Runtime for rcr123 and 1450 and AA standard would be nice at the lowest setting of .003 lumens.

The RRT-0 have been upgraded to the new "Infinite Variable Interface", which allows the user to select any light output desired between .003 - 255 lumen!

Output & Runtime: Using CR123 Battery or 14500 Li-ion

High Mode 255 Lumens, 60 min
Daily Mode 150 Lumens, 3.0 hours
Mid Mode 50 Lumens, 12 hours
Low Mode 15 Lumens, 36 hours
Lower Low Mode 3 Lumen, 80 hours

Last edited:

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it's a typing error.

Though the model is titled S2, they have given the 5 fixed lumen settings of the original R5 with 5 fixed lumen settings.
When u actually open the box of the S2, out comes the instruction manual for the old original R5 with 5 fixed lumen settings!
No instructions for the infinitely variable R5, let alone the infinitely variable S2.

Jetbeam seem to be a little short on resources...

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
I'm tempted to try the runtime test later, but just got the light Friday and haven't even had time to give it a good workout yet... :)

egrep

Enlightened
The discrete runtime figures given are for the previous version. They can be used for comparison, but unless you've got the proper metering gear you'll never know precisely what output level you've got dialed in. So, you'll never know precisely what runtime you have. As for .003 lumens, I challenge anyone to precisely reach that level repeatedly, let alone once. I've tried to set the light as low as I can. There is definitely a range of ultra low where I can directly view the LED. I can get it so low that just a bump will drop the dial into the detent and turn the light off... Did I reach .003Lm? I think the best you can do is measure runtime at 'the lowest easily set level'. if you can meter the lumens at that setting consistently enough then you can come up with a specific figure. The lack of known run time is why one well known custom maker doesn't like variable UIs. Doesn't bother me at all though.

My RRT-0 S2 came with a matching 'manual' (one sided photocopy). I got lucky.

The RRT-0 have been upgraded to the new "Infinite Variable Interface", which allows the user to select any light output desired between .003 - 255 lumen!

Output & Runtime: Using CR123 Battery or 14500 Li-ion

High Mode 255 Lumens, 60 min
Daily Mode 150 Lumens, 3.0 hours
Mid Mode 50 Lumens, 12 hours
Low Mode 15 Lumens, 36 hours
Lower Low Mode 3 Lumen, 80 hours