Hds or thrunite 1c and minix 123?

ggreenjohny

Newly Enlightened
i am trying to decide between biting the bullet and buying a hds rotary or buying a thrunite 1c and a minix 123. i have a e1b backup 110 lumen. i need something a lot brighter? is the hds comparable in brightness to the thrunite and minix? beamshots or links to anything helpful would be appreciated. and does anyine know if there are any dealers who do cpf discounts on hds lights? thanks guys for the help

Lighteous

Enlightened
The ThruNite Neutron 1C is much brighter and floodier than an HDS primarily because it employs an XM-L LED. I also have an HDS Rotary. The Rotary employs an XP-G R5 LED and is rated at 200 lumens. Because of the XP-G it has more of a balance of flood and throw but it isn't nearly as bright as the 1C. The ThruNite is an awesome light and I love mine. However, the HDS Rotary has a superior build and UI. It also has a beautiful beam. There are numerous threads on CPF that you can read to get a clear idea about HDS lights. If you are in need of significant brightness, try the 1C as it is clearly brighter. It is a great light and it is a fraction of the cost of the HDS. Or do what I did, get both!

HDS lights are not discounted anywhere by any dealer.

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
What he said.

The 1C is much brighter than an HDS,. What makes the HDS so desirable is it's UI and build quality. Nothing else can touch the UI. It's durability is only matched by Surefire.

Just bite the bullet and get the HDS. Otherwise, years down the road, after you've spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on other lights, you'll finally get an HDS and slap yourself.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bite the bullet and get the HDS. Otherwise, years down the road, after you've spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on other lights, you'll finally get an HDS and slap yourself.
Been there and done that!
Do yourself and your wallet a favor, if you are like I was you will still end up with one (or two) so might as well go for the HDS now.
I have a Clicky High CRI and 140GT (I'm trying to wait on the rotary until the High CRI to comes out.)