Power Outage last night, this is what the wife said.

DimmerD

Enlightened
So the power goes out last night around 6:45 PM, chicken in the oven had to be moved to the grill to finish cooking. A few hours later she see's me playing with my Sunwayman V10R Ti and says, "you really like love that light huh?" I said I love all of my lights to which she replied, "so do I !" I love having a light over here and over there, it's nice having a light within reach wherever I am in the house! I didn't even know she used them like she does. Her favorite is my Surefire 9P with Malkoff M61, she uses it everywhere. Now I know why the batteries didn't "seem" to last that long!!!

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
I and my wife are what are called 'Doomers'. Tho I've o idea if and when the world is going 'Mad Max' I figure it will be in my lifetime [[prolly when I'm too old to fight but that's another story]] but life has shown both of us, even in the land of plenty times can be tough [[I've been homeless before]].

We have a variety of candles, lanterns and wind-up lanterns along with a dozen of those crappy plastic $1 'C' cell lights but she is slowly coming around to the LED/HID type-lights.

Sounds like you and yours are further along in the lighting department than 'We'. ;)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Its doesn't get any better than Surefire & Malkoff when you need bomb-proof reliability. Upgraded with an Over-ready zero resistance tailcap in the Z41 the light has no moving parts to fail.

DimmerD

Enlightened
A year ago she always questioned why I needed another light so she has come a long way. Of course buying her a Surefire G2 Nitrolon with a Malkoff M60L to carry with her while deer hunting helped push her towards flashaholism although I don't think she will ever become a full blown flashaholic.
It's funny to see her whip out the 9P when it's dark and use it for up close work. I try to explain that it may be a bit too bright for close up work and she always says "I like to be able to see because it is so bright!" I guess it doesn't affect her nightvision like it does for the rest of us!

newless

Newly Enlightened
Ha! Same with my wife. She found out home much my Surefire Backup cost and started to say something negative and then stopped.
That's because she uses the lights as much as I do and told me she loved the TK21 beside the patio door for "skunk patrol" when the dogs go out.
About a month ago she put my Fenix Tk12 on her side of the bed, as well as an old Mag.

nbp

Flashaholic
I need to find a woman like that!

Well, at least I have the benefit of being a gadget guy while I'm still single, so it's no surprise when the time comes for a lady. It'll already be well known I have a pile of flashlights and folders and other such stuff. The flashlights come along baby! :hahaha:

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
I'm very lucky in that my wife participates in all my hobbies such as survival prepping, firearms and (to a lessor extent) flashlights. She has carried a Preon 2 in her purse and an Innova Microlight on her keys for quite a while now, however it wasn't until getting a GSD puppy a few weeks ago and having to take her out several times a night/early morning that she has come to appreciate good lights. I don't think my Zebra Light H51Fw has ever seen so much use... :)

Last edited:

flashflood

Enlightened
I'm very lucky in that my wife participates in all my hobbies such as survival prepping, firearms and (to a lessor extent) flashlights. She has carried a Peon 2 in her purse and an Innova Microlight on her keys for quite a while now, however it wasn't until getting a GSD puppy a few weeks ago and having to take her out several times a night/early morning that she has come to appreciate good lights. I don't think my Zebra Light H51Fw has ever seen so much use... :)

Peon 2. Gotta love autocorrect!

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
I get ridiculed all the time for having all kinds of flashlights and other "emergency supplies", but when the power goes out, "hey, you got a flashlight?" or later on, "hey can you fire up the generator?"

About a year ago I found my wife using my mint Elektro Lumens EDC to help he see as she was vacuuming under the bed. She had it lying on the cement floor. An hour later there was a Solar Force on it's way to her. I installed a 500 lumen Linger Special made by Nailbender. The dust-bunnies don't stand a chance.

~ Chance :thumbsup: