Tip broke off Surefire Lamp Assembly

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange, I have an extra N5 lamp assembly for my 8AX and I just noticed after close examination that the very fine tip at the end of the lamp is broke off, mmm, I wonder how that happened? It doesn't affect the beam in any way, but I have alot of lamps and have never seen this before. It's not as bad as it sounds, the tips on the N5 lamps are very thin and long, so I can imagine how easy the very fine tip could have broke off. I'm pretty sure it may have come from surefire like this, I'm almost positive I didn't do it. Anyone else ever seen this happen on a surefire lamp?

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the N5 doesn't get that hot, the tip was broken off either during the manufacturing process or in packaging during shipping. It doesn't affect the beam in any way, I'm was just hoping some of the verteran surefire incan users would pop in and give me their thoughts on the matter.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I recommend you give SureFire a call - if you indeed suspect it was like that when it arrived and you purchased it new from SureFire or a SureFire Dealer then SureFire may offer to replace it for you.

I don't know enough about incandescent bulbs but I wouldn't trust a damaged bulb in any of my TurboHeads, especially not the rare TurboHeads.
Last thing you want is the bulb exploding because it has been compromised.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran the bulb for around an hour or so on and off over maybe a weeks time, so although I can't fully trust it, I think that if the bulb was somehow compromised in it's integrity, it may have been exposed by now, but I can't trust that assessment fully. It's really impossible to tell whether or not this is the case.

The situation is complicated. Just several weeks ago I contacted surefire over a legitimate concern over another lamp assembly and they sent me a new one. Now I have this real issue but am kind of gun shy about asking them for a replacement because they just sent me one several weeks ago and I don't want to make the wrong impression if you understand where I'm coming from you see, asking for a new bulb just several weeks later that is.