AA MARATAC

Streamer

Enlightened
I emailed CC asking when Maratac AA's would be back in stock and they responded "Not for a couple months".

Needless to say :( .

Anyone know of another source for these little jewels?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I think the ITP is the exact same light, why not just get one of those?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you talking about the giant AA Maratac light? I believe that it's made by a company called Mr Lite and the model number is J2...
The Maratac 9390 is an Olight of some sort...
If you're talking about the regular Maratac AA, that's just a iTP A2 EOS SS with a different UI (L-M-H instead of M-L-H or whatever)...

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

There is a thread called " New Maratac AA " ... I saw recently .

What do they say there about where THEY get em ?

And *bye the way* .... what is NEW about the New Maratac AA ?

~

Streamer

Enlightened
I think the ITP is the exact same light, why not just get one of those?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have two ITP's AAA EOS already. ITP and Maratac are produced by the same company but Maratac version has different knurling etc etc. Cosmetics basically, save for the Maratac AA runs 100 hours on low vs ITP AA's 50 hours on low.

Last edited:

T45

Enlightened
That's the very same response I got from County Comm

No date yet. could be a couple months

On Jul 14, 2011, at 3:37 PM:

CountyComm
When will the AA Stainless Steel flash light be back in stock?

If I wanted an iTp, I would get an iTp. I for one will just wait and get another Stainless Steel AA when they are back in stock.

I do wish Maratac would come out with a CR123 in Stainless Steel.

Streamer

Enlightened
So T45 you already have an AA Maratac? I was intrigued by how Maratac AA gets 100 hours out of the low mode while ITP AA only gets 50 hours ?

Same company, basically same light; but double the run time on the low end.

WHAT A MARVELOUS TOY ! :)

T45

Enlightened
YES! I have a Maratac Stainless Steel AA! My new current EDC light. I had never owned a twisty until I got a Quark Mini 123 with the new XM-L LED a few months back. Never really knew twistys existed till I joined CPF. They looked interesting, so I got one. The different levels of light is a useful feature, especially the low when moving about at night and trying to maintain low light adapted vision. As much as I really liked the Quark Mini, I wanted something in silver. Titanium I would need to save up for, but the stainless steel was definitely affordable. The Maratac has tighter threads than the Quark Mini, which I have come to appreciate, and the AA form factor makes it very easy to supply. I use Energizer Lithium's in mine, which I buy when they are on sale locally.

T45

Enlightened
how the Maratac AA gets 100 hours on low versus the 50 hours on low the iTp runs for is a mystery to me.

Streamer

Enlightened
YES ! The Stainless is the one I am lusting for. What a pretty thing it is in Polished 300 !

I'm already heavily into the AAA factor with an LOD, 2 ITP's, and a DX AA Cree from earlier days, BUT I'M LUSTING FOR THE MARATAC AA POLISHED STAINLESS....somethin about that long run time on LOW and besides,,, I have a hoard of L92's on hand. LOL.... I want one!

sassaquin

Enlightened
I emailed CC asking when Maratac AA's would be back in stock and they responded "Not for a couple months".

Needless to say :( .

Anyone know of another source for these little jewels?

Any chance you live in Canada? If so, Mackoutdoors.ca has the Maratac AA polished SS for $36.95 with free shipping on purchases over $75 for Canadian addresses. The website says they ship to US, but not sure of the charges. I've never purchased from them, so I cannot reccomend one way or another.

Streamer

Enlightened
Any chance you live in Canada? If so, Mackoutdoors.ca has the Maratac AA polished SS for $36.95 with free shipping on purchases over $75 for Canadian addresses. The website says they ship to US, but not sure of the charges. I've never purchased from them, so I cannot reccomend one way or another.

LOL..yeh I googled that site up and the shipping killed me here in the states 20 bucks flat.....guess will wait on USA supplier... thanks !!

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps the Maratac's low mode runtime is based on the time from activation to no output whatsoever while the iTP uses activation to 50% or something like that

Streamer

Enlightened
Perhaps the Maratac's low mode runtime is based on the time from activation to no output whatsoever while the iTP uses activation to 50% or something like that

Possibly, but the other run times (hi & medium) are identical on both units.

T45

Enlightened
To nub or not to nub, that is the question when buying an iTp. Whether I should just save for a Titanium Mini 123 or buy the stainless steel ITp 123. A Question to ponder.

Streamer

Enlightened
Another difference is the Maratac AA and AAA tailstand, the ITP AA and AAA versions don't, unless you grind off the little nub that holds the split ring.

As an aside, I've got the ITP's AAA EO's to tail stand by leaving the included lobster claw and chain (from Shining Beam) on. Just set and arrange the base of torch inside of the lob claw and Viola!

I have since removed the chains as they are too heavy IMO. For tail standing, I can't go wrong with my EO5 and LOD. :)

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another difference is the Maratac AA and AAA tailstand, the ITP AA and AAA versions don't, unless you grind off the little nub that holds the split ring.

To nub or not to nub, that is the question when buying an iTp. Whether I should just save for a Titanium Mini 123 or buy the stainless steel ITp 123. A Question to ponder.

Yeah, I've debated filing off that little nub. I sort of feel like I would be harming the light, though.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So T45 you already have an AA Maratac? I was intrigued by how Maratac AA gets 100 hours out of the low mode while ITP AA only gets 50 hours ?

Same company, basically same light; but double the run time on the low end.

WHAT A MARVELOUS TOY ! :)

The only answer to this mystery can be...the low mode on the Maratac is lower than the low mode on the ITP :) All it would take is for one to have a low mode of 2.5 lumens and the other to be 1.5 lumens.