Mod the head of a MagLite(4d)?

Lightingman

Newly Enlightened
I have this old Dorcy(I spelled it Darc:whistle: in the pic)

So I have this old Dorcy flashlight and it throws a beam so nicely, I was wondering if I can mod my Magite(4d) to do the same thing? My first though is that they make a custom lens for this, but I just don't know. Here are some pics.......

That Bottom Left pic is of the good led in the MagLite. I am saying Good led when it is 140lumen, because I don't know what the Lumen for the poor led are.
Chart2.png

Chart3.png

Lightingman

Newly Enlightened
It is interesting isn't it. This would be my first Mod...........................Anyone know of some popular Mods for MagLite(4D)?

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an XP-G modded mag driven at 1.2A with an aspheric lens. It threw like a madman. You could easily put light on things 400m away. Well, the XP-G died and I wasn't in the mood to get another one so I dropped an old SSC-P7 I had lying around in it, DD style for 600ish otf lumens. If you want the aspheric lens PM me, if you are willing to pay the postage it's yours for free.

It's not the sort of beam pattern that is of any real world use, to me at least. I prefer a bright wide beam with plenty of spill. I bought it just to see what it could do. Originally bought if from KD for around $14 with free shipping. I live in Australia so the shipping might cost around $5-$6.

cdrake261

Enlightened
I had an XP-G modded mag driven at 1.2A with an aspheric lens. It threw like a madman. You could easily put light on things 400m away. Well, the XP-G died and I wasn't in the mood to get another one so I dropped an old SSC-P7 I had lying around in it, DD style for 600ish otf lumens. If you want the aspheric lens PM me, if you are willing to pay the postage it's yours for free.

It's not the sort of beam pattern that is of any real world use, to me at least. I prefer a bright wide beam with plenty of spill. I bought it just to see what it could do. Originally bought if from KD for around $14 with free shipping. I live in Australia so the shipping might cost around $5-$6.

Where did you get that aspheric lens? If he doesn't take you up on that offer, I might...

Lightingman

Newly Enlightened

That's okay, give it to the other guy. Thanks for offering though.