Olight SR92 question

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
I am considering purchasing the Olight SR92. I have read the specs straight from their website and it list the output on max at 1700 lumens. They list the max output of their SR90 at 2200 lumens and I have found several post that put it around 1500 OTF lumens. I have tried to research the SR92 and cannot find what its true output is in OTF lumens. Does anyone have these lights or accurate data as to what the true output of the SR92 might be? Thanks in advance.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I am considering purchasing the Olight SR92. I have read the specs straight from their website and it list the output on max at 1700 lumens. They list the max output of their SR90 at 2200 lumens and I have found several post that put it around 1500 OTF lumens. I have tried to research the SR92 and cannot find what its true output is in OTF lumens. Does anyone have these lights or accurate data as to what the true output of the SR92 might be? Thanks in advance.

I can not help you with true output data, but I have compared them here, including relative output. I would estimate the SR92 to around 1800 OTF lumens.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
HKJ,

Thanks for the link. That gave me a lot of good information. I think I am going to go ahead with the purchase.

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
You will not be disappointed. It is a well behaved beast. The TK70 is also an awesome light and probably a better value. But I chose the SR92 mainly for its convenience (way easier to charge than messing around with 4 NiMH D's), its size (much easier to throw in a daypack or whatever), and its bomb-proof build quality.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
One last question as I move ever closer to the purchase. Does anyone know the color temp of the SR92? I have multiple lights from around 4000-6500k. I find the warmer tones make a big difference in being able to judge depth of field and pick out objects in a wooded environment. Since this will be the primary use for this light for me I want to make sure the temp is not too much on the cool side. I work for a large police department and we do lost person and article searches in the woods. Is it possible or has anyone modified one of these with a warmer tint LED?

xed888

Enlightened
One last question as I move ever closer to the purchase. Does anyone know the color temp of the SR92? I have multiple lights from around 4000-6500k. I find the warmer tones make a big difference in being able to judge depth of field and pick out objects in a wooded environment. Since this will be the primary use for this light for me I want to make sure the temp is not too much on the cool side. I work for a large police department and we do lost person and article searches in the woods. Is it possible or has anyone modified one of these with a warmer tint LED?

http://www.taschenlampen-test.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=108

that should answer your question.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
The only way I can view the page is in German so I cannot read the text. The SR92 looks like it has a very cool green tint compared to the other lights. It is very obvious on the cement of the bridge. It really throws off the colors more than I thought. I am not impressed with its tint. Thanks for the link.

edit: I just translated the site with bablefish. I am reading it correctly to say that the SR92 is warner??? I looks cooler to me on the beam shots.

Last edited:

xed888

Enlightened
yea it does say that the SR92 is warmer. I had one and i think its neutral.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for thaicpf links. I was not able to find a site to translate them into English, but I did enjoy the shots. In the one shot next to the TK70 the SR92 did look more neutral. In most of the shots it had the same green tint as the first link. I am just trying to figure out if the green tint is from the photography or the actual beam. I don't want to spend almost $400 on a light with a green tint. Can anyone confirm that the beam is not green or even give an approximate color temp number?

xed888

Enlightened
Thank you for thaicpf links. I was not able to find a site to translate them into English, but I did enjoy the shots. In the one shot next to the TK70 the SR92 did look more neutral. In most of the shots it had the same green tint as the first link. I am just trying to figure out if the green tint is from the photography or the actual beam. I don't want to spend almost $400 on a light with a green tint. Can anyone confirm that the beam is not green or even give an approximate color temp number?

When I had it, the tint wasnt green. Seems like the SR92 isnt as popular as the TK70 here.

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the information. The tint was my last concern. The light combines output, heat management, and runtime in a package that to me makes it one of the few lights designed for professional use. I have several mag mods that have great output, but the heat and run time make them not very useable for a real callout or multihour event. The 4sevens website is running a special for a second battery pack so I think I will buy it there.