Current Brightest Neutral AA light

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I need help looking for the brightest neutral AA. I need help narrowing it down and choosing the actual the overall brightest neutral AA. Brightest in terms of total output but in neutral.

Thanks CPF!

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Re: Current Brightest Neutral 2AA light

Anyone?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thrunite Neutron 2AA neutral is prolly a good bet on being one of the brightest in this category as it has the XM-L LED in it. It's bright with a very nice tint, but was too floody for my uses. If you like floody type lights then you'd like the Neutron. Great build with a good UI. Goingear has em.

yliu

Enlightened

XML flashlights like the Neutron 2AA ais going to be the brightest, but for general use, something like the LD25 is bright enough.

If you really want a bright one, you might wan to get a 2x CR123 lights, they are somewhat bigger, but much brighter.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Thrunite Neutron 2AA neutral is prolly a good bet on being one of the brightest in this category as it has the XM-L LED in it. It's bright with a very nice tint, but was too floody for my uses. If you like floody type lights then you'd like the Neutron. Great build with a good UI. Goingear has em.

I am seeing this in the beamshots. Not liking 2AA flood type lights or the XM-L after all. If it's going to be floody I think it needs a ton more output to make it worthwhile. The light with low lux is so spread out it looks dark on these floody XM-L lights.
97921032.jpg

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

What is your definition of neutral?
My wide range is 3500 - 5000K CCT, but I prefer (and will purchase) 4000-4500K

ShiningBeam's RV-235 was brighter than expected, and Bryan said Romisen changed the circuit board to 800mA, and it looks like it.
But it is cooler than my old Fenix P3D rb100.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

What is your definition of neutral?
My wide range is 3500 - 5000K CCT, but I prefer (and will purchase) 4000-4500K

ShiningBeam's RV-235 is brighter than expect, and Bryan said Romisen changed the circuit board to 800mA, and it looks like it.
But it is cooler than my old Fenix P3D rb100.

That's about right: 4000K-4500K, I am going to looking into. It's cheap too thanks.

Also,
I was wondering if the ZewbraLight SC51w can use 14505 Batteries, anyone know?

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I gave it away because it was too blue for me. 5000K for the RV-235, 4750K for old Fenix p3d, 4500K for MG P-Rocket sst-50. My Zebralight H31Fw is just right.
and my Romisen RC-N3 is a bit too warm, [5C bin]

I think you can use the crAA-14505, but no on 14500 Li-ion.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am seeing this in the beamshots. Not liking 2AA flood type lights or the XM-L after all. If it's going to be floody I think it needs a ton more output to make it worthwhile. The light with low lux is so spread out it looks dark on these floody XM-L lights.

I agree, and that's why I returned the two I bought. I believe you are set for now with your 2xAA EagleTac that you have. I have a couple of Fenix LD20 R5's and a couple of Quark AA2 R5's. I haven't found anything out there that I like better.....YET. 4sevens is about to release their XM-L versions of the AA2 sometime this month, but I'm afraid it will be too floody as well. Rumors suggest that they will be releasing it out in neutral tint as well, but I haven't confirmed this.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Ok thanks guys, I just ordered the SC51w going to possibly stick a 14505 in it. Hope it wont blowup.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was wondering if the ZewbraLight SC51w can use 14505 Batteries, anyone know?
14500 are officially not supported but you can use them. There is no point though because the brightness does not increase much at all and you get less run time.

I want to say the neutral 2AA with the most output is the Malkoff M31w. I can measure it againt some of my other 2AA neutral lights tonight if I have time. I would guess the output to be the same as my neutral Neutron 2AA but the beam of the Malkoff M31w is less floody (it is not a thrower though).

RkyMtn

Newly Enlightened

I have been VERY happy with my Thrunite Neutron Neutral 1A (1xAA). It will use a 14500 and punch out 260 warm lumen. Also has a .09 lumen Firefly setting that is PERFECT for the tent and reading at night and help to maintain your knight vision. They dialed this in perfectly! The light is quite warm, reminds me of my dad's incandescent Rayovac polished steel case and red plastic head.

Get the 2xAA version before they are gone!

Cheers!!!

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I have been VERY happy with my Thrunite Neutron Neutral 1A (1xAA). It will use a 14500 and punch out 300 lumen. Also has a .09 lumen Firefly setting that is PERFECT for the tent and reading at night and help to maintain your knight vision. They dialed this in perfectly! The light is quite warm!

Get one before they are gone!

Cheers!!!

I appreciate the suggestion. Honestly, like the myself and others have said. They are way too floody to the point they seem less bright even though factually putting out more lumens. It's more then numbers here when it comes to a light and the XM-L brings that out. It's about what we see and the XM-L lights just don't appear bright to me at all on 2AA. I'd rather have a narrow brighter emitter like the XP-E binned higher then a wall of light flood that quickly fades at a close distance. Higher numbers sell, but they don't sell to me after owning many lights. Not a fan of the XM-L on 2AA to the point it seems the only reason 2AA has a XM-L in it is to get more lumens that sell. Then the manufacturer can glorify it to sell them. Unless someone can prove me wrong I'll happily bow down to you and maybe even buy another XM-L light.

Last edited:

RkyMtn

Newly Enlightened

The Thrunite Neurton satisfies my need for my EDC. I just can't read using a cool light when the warm lights are available. What kind of duties will this new light need to satisfy?

What are your favorite lights? (In case you know of something I have not heard of and require my wallets attention. I'm new at this flashlight thing...)

Cheers!

I appreciate the suggestion. Honestly, like the myself and others have said. They are way too floody to the point they seem less bright even though factually putting out more lumens. It's more then numbers here when it comes to a light and the XM-L brings that out. It's about what we see and the XM-L lights just don't appear bright to me at all on 2AA. I'd rather have a narrow brighter emitter like the XP-E binned higher then a wall of light flood that quickly fades at a close distance. Higher numbers sell, but they don't sell to me after owning many lights. Not a fan of the XM-L on 2AA to the point it seems the only reason 2AA has a XM-L in it is to get more lumens that sell. Then the manufacturer can glorify it to sell them. Unless someone can prove me wrong I'll happily bow down to you and maybe even buy another XM-L light.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

After getting my Zebralight SC51 Warm I want more Neutral lights in 1 or 2 AA formats.
My Zebralight is bright but I want brighter which I think means moving up to 2AA or an 1AA neutral that can take 14500 like the Thrunite Neurton Neutral 1AA. I can't find the the Thrunite Neurton Neutral 1AA anywhere though. Anyone know?

I am also looknig for brighter 2AA Neutral lights now. I was thinking about getting the P100A2 Neutral but I kinda want more flood this time around. Not many AA XM-L Neutral lights either.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Start a petition for neutral versions of the new QuarkX AA^2
I wonder what the warmest T6 xm-l is available? Hopefully 4000-4500K, considering that Fenix is somehow using cool U2 bins.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Start a petition for neutral versions of the new QuarkX AA^2
I wonder what the warmest T6 xm-l is available? Hopefully 4000-4500L, considering that Fenix is somehow using cool U2 bins.

Warmest T6 I've been using is a 3C rated XM-L. It's a very impressive LED. Very bright and the tint is actually better than you might expect from a 3C tint. IMO XM-Ls seem to feel a bit warmer than their ratings would imply if they were XP-Gs.

RCantor

Enlightened

You might want to check out the Xeno E03. 1 AA, 490 Lm on 14500 (for 30 min but I carry spares). 200 Lm with NiMH. Has a deep enough reflector that there's a well defined hot spot along with the flood. I can easily see my black dogs at 75'. The neutral is 4750, I think. May be different on the latest iteration. When marketplace comes back up there's a long thread there.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

So is the Quark X AA^2 the new brightest 2AA?
I was hoping it had neutral version as well.

I want the Neutron AA XM-L Neutral but I can't find it anywhere.

The Xeno E03 I read had extremely low runtimes I forget where I read it.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need help looking for the brightest neutral 2AA. I need help narrowing it down and choosing the actual the overall brightest neutral 2AA. Brightest in terms of total output but in neutral.

Thanks CPF!

The old Quark AA2 S2 was a good neutral light. Some sellers might still have this limited S2 on stock.