Wishing for a Surefire G3 w/ P91!!!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish Santa would bring me a Surefire G3 with the capability of throwing 200 lumens for 20 minutes with a P91.

I know it doesn't exist, but do you think Surefire will ever go that route or are we stuck with the higher priced M, C, D, and Z series lights?

The lower priced nitrolon version sure would be nice!!!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you happen to read anything about the heat issues? Seems that P91 has a tendency to melt the lexan lens (IF it uses a lexan lens) and the body which the nitrolon is made of, rather quickly....

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
I have heard talk of possibly using the replacement body tube from the rechargeable conversion kit to enlongate the body and then perhaps adding spacers or modifying it as needed to operate with 3 cells and the P9x series lamps. Any heat issues could then be resolved by simply ordering a G2Z bezel which comes equipped with pyrex.

Have any of you talented modders out there attempted this?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I think that if SF made every light that everyone wanted, there would be 500 different models.

Although I would like to see an HID model sometime soon, or an A2 without LEDs, or a single lamp head for the 10X....etc...etc...

rlhess

Enlightened
After using the 9P with the P91 for a couple of weeks--and going through several sets of batteries, I'm going back to the P90. While the extra light is nice, I'm not sure the 2x light is worth 3x the runtime cost.

In fact, I tend to use (of my trio of 9Ps) the KL3 and the SRTH more than the P90/91. I use the KL3 inside around the house and the SRTH looking at what critter is wandering around on my hillside now...

Cheers,

Richard