New Videos - Fenix LD10 R5 with 14500 vs. PD31 & ThruNite 1A

energythoughts

Newly Enlightened
I just posed two videos doing a quick test with the Fenix LD10 using the 14500 Li-ion battery. First I compared it to my PD31 with an 18650:

http://youtu.be/dxJNroqXVOg

Second video is comparing the LD10 to a ThruNite 1A both with the 14500 battery

http://youtu.be/BPSMgq11AWY

I'll be doing some other comparisons in the near future with other Fenix lights I have. Hopefully these help anyone looking for more details on these lights.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the LD10 vs Neutron 1A test. I wish you would have pointed the 1A directly at the center of the tree or at least as close as you did with the LD10.

Thanks for the video review!

Jeff

energythoughts

Newly Enlightened
sorry about that. I'll do another video tonight showing some other objects around the yard for a better idea.

also I'll be doing another comparison between the LD10 with AA vs 14500 tonight, as well as looking at the TK21 vs TK40. I can always throw in the 1A into those shots as well for comparison..

Let me know if you'd like to see anything else.. I do have an E21 as well..

pblanch

Enlightened
Very impressive. Does the LD10 heat up much and what about run times before voltage drop. I have a few 14500 on the way and am just thinking will get get better run times from this set up or with my E03's.

Just of note I cant stand the lows on my LD10 they are sickly green and would never recommend it although a nice small compact light ( I am sure others have had a good experience) I think I just got the tint lotto loser. The turbo however is nice white. The Xeno E05 (XML) is beautiful white (with just a hint of blue on the very out edge of the light) but I think the shortened run time time and high output is not a good trade off very the longer and more useful run times of Enloop in the E03.

energythoughts

Newly Enlightened
The LD10 with a AA really never gets hot... barely warm even. with the 14500, you can feel it getting warm after 30 seconds or so.. and after two minutes or so it's probably about as warm as my PD31 gets. It's warm but definitely not hot. I'm actually surprised it doesn't get hotter than it does. Then again I never really ran it for a long time >3-5 minutes without giving it a little break.. maybe after 5 minutes or so it might get hotter.

Sorry to hear about your sickly green issues. I don't have any green with either one of my R5's. The low modes are pretty usable for me (color & output). Many times I reverse the clip, and attach it to my baseball cap and work outside running it on medium or high. the LD10 is actually my most used light for EDC. I prefer it over my 4sevens MiniX (don't like twisty, but it's on my keychain) and the ThruNite 1A (a bit too big).

As for run times with the 14500 I don't have a good number on that yet.. Haven't had my 14500's too long, so I need to get more cycles out of them before I could answer that.